So this is what I've been doing while Sheltering in place

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
As some of you may know, I've been mixing my Petty band's January performance at a local Town Hall Theater. The first set was the entire Wildflowers album and the second set was the hits.. I'm new to multi-track mixing and it's been a very long and interesting journey. Basically, I knew how to edit MP3's all day but multi-track mixing is a totally new area for me. I knew nothing technically but got through it and have learned a lot. I used Audacity. The sound company gave me the raw WAV files that were recorded straight from the board. I did fix quite a few things (bad notes, etc..) but the drums were not re-done at all. Also, I created video's from a friend of the band who shot video using her iPhone. In some shots, she had a second camera going which helped a bit. For the video editing, I used Cyber Director 15 and again learned a lot!

So, I created a bunch of video's after doing the mixes of 29 songs. it's funny because I'm never satisfied with a mix. It just goes on and on... I, again will say, I have mad respect for sound engineers and video editors now.

So, here's a promo video of my band that I just completed...well, sort of. I'll probably always be tweaking it.

Feel free to share your thoughts or criticism's.

And anyone wishes to see some other videos of the band that I did, you can subscribe at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvnQL2F59IyMS7hrmKKuszg

Thanks!

Last edited:

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Dan,
That sound really great, brother. You guys are the premier TP Tribute band, for sure. I haven't heard better, honestly. Congrats. The video also both sounds and looks great. Pro shot. You and your tubs sound great as well... It's not easy to have something that comes off so great AND look so easy. Epic!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Dan,
That sound really great, brother. You guys are the premier TP Tribute band, for sure. I haven't heard better, honestly. Congrats. The video also both sounds and looks great. Pro shot. You and your tubs sound great as well... It's not easy to have something that comes off so great AND look so easy. Epic!
Thanks Rob. That means a lot coming form you my brother. BTW, I just changed the promo video since I posted it ten minutes ago. I saw a big error...YIKES! Basically, I put a video clip at the end of the clip in the software and I had to edit that out! LOL

Jorn

Reaction score
Yeah. I doesn’t get better than that!
Great harmony work also. It really put the icing on the cake.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Sounds great to me! I wouldn't know you've only just started learning to mix if you hadn't mentioned it, and same with the video editing.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Sounds great to me! I wouldn't know you've only just started learning to mix if you hadn't mentioned it, and same with the video editing.
Thanks. I’ve been using Audacity for years to edit my MP3’s but getting into multitracks has been an education. Also, many of the WAV files were split due to the formatting of the drives. Fortunately, Audacity allows you to splice them together without any audible separation. I didn’t know this. Yeah, also learning about effects, compression, limiting has been an intersection road. Fun!

Latest posts