So what happened to Kieffa Drums LLC?

bethness

Reaction score
I came into possession of a "Practice Snare" made by Kieffa Drums LLC sometime in the late 00's.
I'm trying to find more info about the company, which doesn't seem to exist anymore; and about the inventor Keith Pickens, whose names doesn't pop up anywhere in the drum industry these days. Can anyone tell me more about this pad?
Thanks much -- Beth

Attachments

LRod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came into possession of a "Practice Snare" made by Kieffa Drums LLC sometime in the late 00's.
I'm trying to find more info about the company, which doesn't seem to exist anymore; and about the inventor Keith Pickens, whose names doesn't pop up anywhere in the drum industry these days. Can anyone tell me more about this pad?
Thanks much -- Beth
I found this:

And this PDF:

Nothing else seems to be out there referencing the company or the inventor!

LRod

Lee Van Kief

Reaction score
I’ve got a wood shell version as well. It’s super cool. Not quiet at all by practice pad standards, but much more fun to play on and has a big dynamic range. Mine also has some little beads under the top for a snare-ish type of sound.

I tried to contact Keith via the pipe and drum group he used to play with, but no luck. I may have another lead, though. I’ll report back.