So who won these great vintage sets.

Skins_in_the_game

Reaction score
Now that the week is over and the auction has finished, who scored on these sets in Buffalo? I can't believe the gold ludwigs went for 250, the pearl for 500, the white for 150 and those vintage snares for 375.
Now fess up. Who won them.
gold.jpg
img.jpg
school.jpg
white.jpg

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First I've heard of it. Northeast's best kept secret. That auction house needs to improve their advertising and exposure. Not even a mention on Facebook or Craig's List in the NYCity or Albany regions at least not under Ludwig or other major USA drum mfg's.

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
The snare lay out looks semi-delicious.

what's the one inching in the foreground taking the lead looks like 6.5 something
O and those sh_tty tile floors still in use!

didn't someone just buy a Slingerland the color of that Tile??! yes..

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Now that the week is over and the auction has finished, who scored on these sets in Buffalo? I can't believe the gold ludwigs went for 250, the pearl for 500, the white for 150 and those vintage snares for 375.
Now fess up. Who won them.View attachment 408886View attachment 408887View attachment 408888View attachment 408889
Those low prices are not really a shock when you keep a casual eye on the used drum market. There's no doubt that if the auction had been properly advertised in the proper venues, the prices would be higher. But the prices they sold for are an indication of where the used drum market has been heading over the last year. The question is, have we reached the bottom yet? I don't think so. Even in the vintage market, there are far too many sets available to quench the demand.

GeeDeeEmm

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
wish I could see better pics of the gold set. looks like Ludwig classics from the 80's. I can't see a badge.

TPC

Reaction score
Are the gold ones gold sparkle or just gold wrap. I had a 24-13-14-18 B/O set in gold wrap. Had those exact curved spurs. Very nice drums.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I live in buffalo and thought about bidding but then....what would i do with all of the f those drums!

btreat

Reaction score
The snare lay out looks semi-delicious.

what's the one inching in the foreground taking the lead looks like 6.5 something
O and those sh_tty tile floors still in use!

didn't someone just buy a Slingerland the color of that Tile??! yes..
Those are 9" square Vinyl Asbestos Tiles (VAT). If you see 12" tiles, they probably don't contain asbestos, but pretty much all of the remaining 9" tiles do.

Latest posts