SOLD!!! 15" Vintage A Zildjian hi hats, 960g/1450g

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
SOLD!!!

EDIT: The Kerope single has sold. But I'm leaving the photos here in case someone just wants to check it out.

This is a nice, smooth, buttery pair of 1970's thin stamp A Zildjian hats. 960/1450.

Super mellow, with a good chick. Edges are good. No cracks. Slightly enlarged hole on the top. Very clean and well taken care of.

Lots of pics here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y74gzcqd19ioa6v/AAAiCPN6savLBz37TStfkO_ka?dl=0

Last edited:

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice.

I play a very similar three-cymbal mix, 60’s NB’s (9xx/14xx) with a late-50’s BAND cymbal (11xx) that usually sits under the NB top for approximately 99% of what I play. Your group seems like it would cover all bases.

Wait, what’s the equation that computes the number of two-item combinations of 3 vs. 6 choices?

Something factorial over ... something.

If my math is correct, the number of hat combinations goes from 3 to 15 when my number of hat choices goes from 3 to 6. Dang ...

GLWS

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I too have a similar set of three that I love. Mine are 60s-70s cymbals, 855 over 1350ish and a single cymbal at 1011. It really does cover just about everything. The fact that one of these is a Kerope makes this seem like a pretty great deal.

cayjarlson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m intrigued. Also interested in a sound file!

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have a way of making a good recording. All I have available is an iPhone.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wait, what’s the equation that computes the number of two-item combinations of 3 vs. 6 choices?

Something factorial over ... something.

If my math is correct, the number of hat combinations goes from 3 to 15 when my number of hat choices goes from 3 to 6. Dang ...

GLWS
I think it's 6 combos.

T=top B=bottom K=Kerope

T/B, B/T, T/K, K/T, B/K, K/B

Reactions: TPC

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's 6 combos.

T=top B=bottom K=Kerope

Haha, now you're speaking my language. You want the number of Permutations of two items chosen out of three, not Combinations of two chosen out of three. When you say permutations, the ORDER is important; combinations, the order is unimportant.

So here, whether the chosen cymbal is on top or on bottom means this is 'ordered'.

P(n,k) = n!/(n-k)!; so here P(3,2) = 3!/1! = 6. Ie there are 6 permutations of two elements chosen out of a set of three. This is the example you have above. 6 permutations.

C(n,k) - n!/[(n-k)!k!]; so C(3,2) = 3!/2! = 3. Ie, there are 3 ways to chose 2 elements out of three, when order is not important. Ie, suppose I only have room in my cymbal bag to bring 4 of my 6 cymbals (assume they're all the same size, ok?), so C(6,4) = 6!/(2!4!) = 15 ways (combinations) to fill up my bag.

Last edited:

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think it's 6 combos.

T=top B=bottom K=Kerope

Yes!

My thought was that the B would always be bottom, and the K would be the bottom if paired with T, so that’s an “order doesn’t matter” permutation calc? So maybe levelpebble could verify that for any combo of 6 cymbals, and there’s a specific top/bottom for each combo (order doesn’t matter?), then there are 15 possible choices?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I have a headache. For us simpletons, how about 2x3...........

Still hoping for a sound file (or 6......)......

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, I have a headache. For us simpletons, how about 2x3...........

Still hoping for a sound file (or 6......)......
Unfortunately I don't have a good way to record sound files. All I have right now is my iphone.