SOLD 17” Paiste 2002 Sound Edge Hats

michiganice91

Reaction score
You guys must visit the paiste website a lot. These have been around for a while now...IMO they aren't that great.

nickrobotron

Reaction score
You guys must visit the paiste website a lot. These have been around for a while now...IMO they aren't that great.
What the heck is wrong with you? This is another member’s For Sale thread, not a discussion thread. “Not that great”? They’re 17’s. We all know that they’re lower pitch versions of the smaller hats. Not a big mystery and no review necessary. I know they’ll sound great. Low pitch with that Paiste sparkle. Gigantic 2002 cymbals are always badass.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
You and me both! What did you think of them Dan?
I wanted a lot of wash and they provide that. They're slightly lower in pitch but buttery to my ears. I'm unloading because my 15 SE's work for both my bands and I'm financing another purchase. Since retirement, that's my mindset.

michiganice91

Reaction score
What the heck is wrong with you? This is another member’s For Sale thread, not a discussion thread. “Not that great”? They’re 17’s. We all know that they’re lower pitch versions of the smaller hats. Not a big mystery and no review necessary. I know they’ll sound great. Low pitch with that Paiste sparkle. Gigantic 2002 cymbals are always badass.
Well 2 people didn't even know they existed and they have been around for over 3 years now, so it's kind of proving my point. Sorry to burst everyones bubble. I know you like all the new paiste stuff Nick....so much better than everything from their past :rolleyes:

Phantomlimb777

Reaction score
Well 2 people didn't even know they existed and they have been around for over 3 years now, so it's kind of proving my point. Sorry to burst everyones bubble. I know you like all the new paiste stuff Nick....so much better than everything from their past :rolleyes:
This makes you come off as inconsiderate AND rude.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Have you ever played these? I’ve played them for two years and they are great. I’m selling to finance another project. You obviously don’t understand forum etiquette. Oh, and thanks for your humble opinion. I’ll make sure to do the right thing and will take the high road if you ever sell anything here that I’m not a fan of.

michiganice91

Reaction score
Have you ever played these? I’ve played them for two years and they are great. I’m selling to finance another project. You obviously don’t understand forum etiquette. Oh, and thanks for your humble opinion. I’ll make sure to do the right thing and will take the high road if you ever sell anything here that I’m not a fan of.
Yes I have played them. I have played the 16s as well and quite a few people have commented that they would prefer the 16's to the 17s. I do understand forum etiquette actually but maybe your opinion differs. Feel free to comment whatever you want on my FS posts. I'm truly sorry if you or anyone else on this thread is offended by my behavior.

Bonzo442

Reaction score
Come on guys I’ll vouch for Dan he’s a good guy didn’t mean any harm. These are specialty hats and whoever buys them knows what they want and would be looking for that sound. GLWS nice hats

michiganice91

Reaction score
If you understand forum etiquette, why would you post this statement in someone else’s for sale ad? :mellow:
I didn't say they were garbage. Several other posters turned this into a discussion thread by gushing over a very niche set of hi hats. I didn't discourage anyone from buying them either. I was also speaking from personal experience having played them. It's really not that big of a deal. Get a mod to delete the post if it's so bothersome and egregious.

Latest posts