SOLD-1969 Ludwig Standards 12/14/20 in faded Blue Mist

tischrealdrum

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm selling a great sounding, lightweight, beautifully unique set of Ludwig Standards. If you're unfamiliar with the line, Mike Dolbear has a nice write-up and there are a fair amount of posts about them on DFO:

This is a 12x8, 14x14, 20x14 set dated April 29th, 1969. Drums are in good shape with some surface scratches, light pitting on the hardware, and bass drum hoop scratches. I mistakenly sanded part of the floor tom to try to buff it back to the original blue mist and it took it down too far (see one of the pictures). Bass drum spikes and 3 floor tom legs included, no tom mount. I purchased them from a fellow DFO member a couple of years ago and cleaned them up, swapped for new heads, and they were my go-to gigging kit until March. I'm selling them because I'm not gigging and just bought a Nord keyboard for my teaching. I'll ship in two boxes with the floor tom in the bass drum and the rack tom in a separate box. I'm going to swap the renaissance batter head on the bass drum with something more utilitarian like a PS3. The front kick head is the black Evans ported head in some of the pictures. Let me know if you have any questions.

Looking for $700 for the drums plus buyer pays actual shipping.

Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1jxZJ1bNaC1QujL67

Chris

tischrealdrum

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're beautiful! I got a "matching" blue mist snare and sold it a while back because I like this hue more than the original. I'm in Fayetteville, Arkansas.