SOLD* 1970s Mahogany Premier Kit with 2000 Steel Snare!

codydee12

Reaction score
As best as I can tell, this kit is a '75 gig master with Mahogany shells.

Asking $800 Shipped!

See plenty more pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8fvmtc8trmdv45f/AAC-SWlW7aKHMcEtZbw48Wwba?dl=0

22x14 kick drum with tom mount
12x8 rack tom
13x9 rack tom
16x15 floor tom (I can show a pic of the measurement but from what I can tell it’s a 15 inch depth)
14x5 PD2000 chrome over steel snare

This kit is in amazing shape. It truly has that vintage tubby sound that you can only get from wood that has been around for years. This premier still has its original heads on all the drums (batter and resonant). The kick head has a slit from the cut port hole towards the edge.

Overall, the kit is great condition. Certainly a really killer vintage vibe (without paying the Gretsch or Ludwig price). As to be expected, there is some spotting on the bass drum wrap, some faint marks here and there on the other wraps, light pitting on the snare, but no rusting, no peeling wraps, and no splitting wood plys.

The only parts that I can tell that are missing are the following:
1. One of the the 3 tom legs still have the rubber feet. All are the same legs though.
2. The 3 toms do not have the dampeners
3. The tom mount on the kick drum does not have the l rods anymore but that should be an easy find if you are looking to mount the toms over the kick.
3. There is a bottom port on the kick drum ( I can't find any picture of the bottom of old premier kits so I am just guessing on this) that looks like it use to be a "third leg" for the kick. The mounting hardware is still attached but not leg.

Attachments

Last edited:

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If only I were buying. That's the shizzle right there..

codydee12

Reaction score
very cool kit!!!!
Anytime someone says something like that, my southern roots push me to say “thank you”....but I didn’t make this kit or have anything to do with how sweet it is. Hahaha. So I will say, I agree, it is a cool kit!

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That's got to be a great sounding set, and I've always liked the looks of those lugs on Premiers. It's amazing to me that this quality of drum set can be bought for that kind of money. Best wishes on the sale.

codydee12

Reaction score
It really is a great sounding kit! And the looks...I sit and stare sometimes. Between the lugs and hot they designed the rims to be more rounded around each lug....they were onto something really unique. It certainly a great kit for the money. Thanks for the luck!