Sold- 1980 9000 Yamaha FT-916T Timpani Floor Tom MIJ $500 OBO

Reaction score
complete with all hardware. Wrap has some wear, chrome has pitting but everything works. Some next level engineering here.
Rare and open to all offers, send PM
Drumforum exclusive before I list on reverb, will consider trades as well. In the market for a 17-19" paiste signature and snares, always snares.
$500 + shipping

Attachments

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool drum. QJ on badge indicates March 1980. Of the half dozen or so of this model I tracked the past few years, they pretty much all seem to fall into very late 1979 or the first half of 1980. Too bad it wasn't in real wood finish or I might jump.
From a previous thread I just read, this wrap comes off pretty easy....and underneath is a beautiful real wood finish. It takes a lot of time to get all the glue off from the vertical seam and at the top and bottom shell.

slapstick

Reaction score
hello
sorry: dont see how to do PM's on this site.,.,

where are you?
is that a 14" or 16" ?
strange for the japanese: from what ive experienced, it's a less sleek version of the meazzi pedal tom, and has a less smooth action. nevertheless, it's very interesting.
what snares might you be after? paiste flat rides ?

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score
i actually have a 14" pedal floor tom in real wood w/ my kit from '78...not at all like the meazzi (which i've also owned)...much smoother/better engineered! my hollywood was constantly in need of tinkering and tlc :(
although they come up now and again, i've found these yammies can be hen's teeth in great condition.

slapstick

Reaction score
i actually have a 14" pedal floor tom in real wood w/ my kit from '78...not at all like the meazzi (which i've also owned)...much smoother/better engineered! my hollywood was constantly in need of tinkering and tlc :(
although they come up now and again, i've found these yammies can be hen's teeth in great condition.
good to hear........i have been playing a 14" meazzi for a long, long time. beautiful and never ever a problem.