SOLD: 1980's Slingerland MusicYo Maple Snare

Reality_Check

Reaction score
I'm selling a 1980's 5.5x14 Slingerland Maple Snare that is in great shape and sounds fantastic. It has a beautiful warm pop when you hit it and has a diverse application in many styles of music. It has no cracks, major marks, or anything of that nature, only regular wear and tear. It will need a new batter head but the drum is clean and ready for use. The PDP PDSS900 Snare stand is also in like-new shape and is for sale for $40 shipped or plus $30 to the price of the snare if you buy them together.

I'm looking for $165 shipped (including PayPal fees) for this great snare. I accept PayPal and ship quickly. Please message me if you are interested.

IMG_3515.jpgIMG_3516.jpgIMG_3519.jpgIMG_3520.jpgIMG_3522.jpgIMG_3523.jpgIMG_3524.jpgIMG_3525.jpg

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
idrum4fun said:
Were'nt these things $180 brand new in 1990's ? LOL
That sounds about right.

-Mark
But then, last time a MusicYo era Slingerland copper snare came up it was $300-350, so this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
lossforgain said:
That sounds about right.

-Mark
But then, last time a MusicYo era Slingerland copper snare came up it was $300-350, so this looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Yes, the copper snares are more rare and are still commanding higher prices...even though they are still MIT snare drums!

-Mark

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
idrum4fun said:
That sounds about right.

-Mark

Yes, the copper snares are more rare and are still commanding higher prices...even though they are still MIT snare drums!

-Mark

I may be misinterpreting but it seems that MIT is deragatory. Is there something inherently wrong with MIT drums?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
multijd said:
That sounds about right.

-Mark

-Mark

I may be misinterpreting but it seems that MIT is deragatory. Is there something inherently wrong with MIT drums?

Not to get onto the rabbit trail, but there have been many threads on DFO about this topic. In my experience you really have to take each drum or manufacturer case by case to answer what's good or bad, not simply where it's made.

multijd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lossforgain said:
That sounds about right.

-Mark

-Mark

Not to get onto the rabbit trail, but there have been many threads on DFO about this topic. In my experience you really have to take each drum or manufacturer case by case to answer what's good or bad, not simply where it's made.

I agree.