SOLD - 1985 Paiste 2002 Heavy Ride 22” NEW OFFER INCLUDED

lcondo123

Reaction score
Selling my 2002 ride from 1985. All of the ink stamps are long gone, only marking left is the Paiste stamp and serial number. Incredibly heavy cymbal, the hammering, thickness, and heaviness leads me to believe this is a heavy ride. I don't have a scale other than the one in the bathroom, and the results show this thing is at least 7.5 pounds.

Incredibly powerful cymbal, it has a sharp ping, clear bell, and LOUD wash. You will not be lost in the mix with this bad boy. If you would like to hear it in context, it's all over the second half of this track (it's also the ride I'm using in the video):

I'm not entirely sure how much one of these are worth, so I'll start with $300 USD plus shipping. Feel free to make offers and work out something with me, you will not be disappointed with this cymbal.

Demo:

Thanks!

Luke

Attachments

lcondo123

Reaction score
Really nice playing on that track, Luke.
GLWS!
Dave
Cheers, Dave! Glad you dug the music. I got myself a 24" Giant Beat and it's everything I've ever wanted in a ride, so this guys' gotta go. Hopefully it finds a home soon!

Luke

dale w miller

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
At least you've got the ink stamps on the cymbal still! When I got my cymbal, the previous owner cleaned the hell out of it, so no signs of the original stamps on mine. Out of curiosity, what's the weight of your cymbal?
Heavy. ;)

Seriously, I have no clue. I just know when I was a kid and got it I loved how clean sounding it was in the store and it seemed to ring & ring. It’s seems to have lost a lot of that due to the years & years of dirt buildups.

I also remember it cost me $165 brand new.

Last edited:

lcondo123

Reaction score
Heavy. ;)

Seriously, I have no clue. I just know when I was a kid and got it I loved how clean sounding it was in the store and it seemed to ring & ring. It’s seems to have lost a lot of that due to the years & years of dirt buildups.

I also remember it cost me $165 brand new.
Fair enough! My research shows that these things weigh around 3,500 grams, or 7.5ish pounds - HEAVY!

Give the Paiste cymbal cleaner a shot! That'll bring back a lot of that bright ping and full wash these cymbals are great for projecting.

I'm also having difficulty with finding a fair price to ask for this cymbal, I haven't found a lot of old heavy rides in the completed sales on eBay.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a 2002 22" heavy ride which is also labeled "jazz/rock" that I wouldn't sell for $500.
Its perfect.

lcondo123

Reaction score
I now have reason to believe this is actually a Power Ride, not a Heavy Ride - not sure how much of a difference that plays into anything, but worth noting!

lcondo123

Reaction score
Labor Day weekend sale! Free shipping! That'll knock off a good $60 right there. $300 shipped thru Monday 9/2!

lcondo123

Reaction score
Alright folks, work with me here. I'm $300 short of reaching an-over-year-long goal of getting myself a set of cymbals I've been saving up for. The money from this cymbal will go straight towards those other cymbals. I'm motivated to get this cymbal gone! Now $200 plus shipping. Please reach out and let me know if you're interested. This guy's gotta go!!!

I'll throw in a deal. For $300 plus shipping, you'll get this cymbal PLUS the Mono cymbal gig bag I'm selling separately. The bag goes for $180 new, I wanted to get $140 out of it, but I'll throw it in with this cymbal for $100. Help me out!

Luke

lcondo123

Reaction score
Smoking deal here folks. I have one of these rides and it does not disappoint. Description above is spot on!!
Thanks for the shoutout, Bonzoholic! I'm really surprised there's been such little interest with this cymbal. I think people are a little weary of the stigma of it being a "heavy" or "power" ride, worrying it won't go with any music that isn't incredibly loud/heavy. I did use this thing for my folk/rock project for three years, so it is a versatile cymbal! You really can't go wrong with this instrument.

Someone grab this thing!

Here's a shot of it in the studio when I was tracking the song I have linked in the original description up top. If anyone needs any more convincing, and my iPhone demo wasn't enough, here's the segment of the above song's isolated drum track, which is a studio quality demo of the cymbal. C'mon, folks!!!

Last edited:

lcondo123

Reaction score
I'll be home from college next weekend, so if anyone is thinking about getting this cymbal, now is your time to jump on it and have it shipped to you quickly! Can't believe this is still here!

lcondo123

Reaction score
Would really like to send this cymbal to someone on DFO considering the new sales taxes are going to tear any buyer a new one on Reverb. New deal - I'll split the costs of shipping with a DFO member for this ride. $200 plus $35 shipping, flat. The offer of $300 plus shipping with the gig bag still stands.

Anyone interested?

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm also having difficulty with finding a fair price to ask for this cymbal, I haven't found a lot of old heavy rides in the completed sales on eBay.
I picked up a nearly mint Paiste 20" 2oo2 Power Ride on Ebay earlier this year for $105 delivered. I was sort of stunned I got it for that little.....though my max bid was only $5-10 higher. Only a couple of bidders were interested. Very nice sounding cymbal. After playing it for a while I decided to put it up on CL for $145. Didn't get a single inquiry on it over 1 month. So I offered it to my nephew for $75 as he was no longer thrilled with his 22" Zildjian A. He loves the brighter and glassy sounding Paiste.