SOLD - 20" Crescent (Sabian) Hammertone Ride - With Rivets

b.w.

Reaction score
20" Crescent (Sabian) Hammertone (Jeff Hamilton) series ride in nice condition. It was drilled by Steve Maxwell's shop for 4 rivet holes and has two rivets installed currently. It has some light surface scratches (pictured) and a little tape residue on the underside from a previous owner. It has a nice patina developing as well - particularly around the edges. 1703g. $285 shipped to US 48.

20-2.jpg 20-3.jpg 20-5.jpg 20-6.jpg 20-4.jpg 20-7.jpg

Last edited:

b.w.

Reaction score
I’m not an expert on this, but there’s some info in this video that might be helpful:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Do these work well as both crash and rides? Can these two along with hats cover a whole gig by themselves? I need to put a low volume set together for a local church and I know the heavy hand hammered Sabians tend to play a little more on the quite side. Well, at least mine do.

b.w.

Reaction score
They’re really versatile. One of the key elements of the design by Jeff H is having the ability to ride and crash them. The 22” is a little on the heavier side for a crash ride, but the edges are thinner (I believe) which allows it to open up pretty quickly on the shoulder while still having plenty of stick definition in the sweet spot. The 20” opens up great and has great stick definition for the weight in my opinion. The rivets in it add a great touch.

b.w.

Reaction score
I would add they have great bells as well - very useful but not overbearing.

Last edited:

drumsdbes

Reaction score
Do these work well as both crash and rides? Can these two along with hats cover a whole gig by themselves? I need to put a low volume set together for a local church and I know the heavy hand hammered Sabians tend to play a little more on the quite side. Well, at least mine do.
You can definitely cover a whole gig with just these 2 cymbals! I love my set!

Latest posts