*** SOLD *** 2009 George Way 5 1/2" X 14” Hollywood Model Chrome Over Brass Snare Drum w/ Free Shipping & Bag

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
*** SOLD ***

I am always torn when I think of selling a George Way drum as I could easily become a Way collector, but I just dont have the money to play at that level and I am looking to raise funds for more new Tama Starphonic Copper so it's time to thin the herd a bit. I have an over abundance of brass snares that I am not playing and this one deserves to be on a stand somewhere being enjoyed . So with that I am offering only the third George Way I have ever sold! And to make it worse, I just bought this one a few months ago here on DFO. I still regret the first one I sold, was OK with the second but have real mixed emotions about this one as it's a GREAT drum. But I'm going to put it out there and see if anyone has any interest but if I keep it, Im really OK with that as well. I will trade as part of a payment towards the Tama Starphonic.

2009 George Way 5 ½” X 14” Hollywood Model #GW554-HC (# 4292009)

This is a very nice condition George Way 5 ½” X14” Hollywood COB snare, model GW554-HC. It's a sweet THICK HEAVY 2mm brass shell with a stunning chrome finish built April 29, 2009 and is super sharp. A nice fat full bodied brass snare and I see no real dings or scratches, just a solid beautiful drum. One of the reasons that I am OK holding on to this drum is not a ton of the older heavy shell versions were produced by Ron Dunnett in this size. This example includes Tama snare wires and a brand new Remo Reverse Dot Ambassador.
$325.00 for a price here on the board. This drum ships FREE in the lower 48 states (outside of that is actual shipping coast, comes with a FREE medium snare bag to help protect it during it's trip home (I will cover the pay pal and seller fees of course). Let me know if you have any questions and thanks so much for the look!

20191014_064210 copy.jpg

20191014_064032.jpg

20191014_064055.jpg

20191014_064240.jpg

20191014_064256.jpg

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
ebtry level drum, like all the rest...Get rid of it, its worth nothing. Could be a playable drum, but its a knockoff!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Day 10 bump.... Anyone, Anyone....Bueller?

Price dropped to $350 delivered in the states, Canada would be a little more for freight.

Open to trading it towards a set of Bosphorus 15" hi hats or a 22" ride... or towards a Tama Starphonic Copper.

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never seen or played one of these drums, but I,ve heard they are very nice. Its certainly at a price point worth grabbing.

lcondo123

Reaction score
Been looking for one of these in a 6.5. No idea why that guy above was calling this a beginner model snare, these things are awesome. Anything made by the hands of Ronn Dunnett is of the highest quality. Incredible price on yours, good luck!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Been looking for one of these in a 6.5. No idea why that guy above was calling this a beginner model snare, these things are awesome. Anything made by the hands of Ronn Dunnett is of the highest quality. Incredible price on yours, good luck!
He was just being tongue in cheek. I have a weakness for Dunnett and George Way myself even though I have sold several over the last year... I still keep buying new ones and they (the Way's) are my go to an almost every date.

My current collection as of last Saturday... At least until someone buys the 5.5" COB! I have the 6.5" (the one off Patina version in the middle) myself and that is why the 5.5 is for sale.

VQZNEZv.jpg

lcondo123

Reaction score
He was just being tongue in cheek. I have a weakness for Dunnett and George Way myself even though I have sold several over the last year... I still keep buying new ones and they (the Way's) are my go to an almost every date.

My current collection as of last Saturday... At least until someone buys the 5.5" COB! I have the 6.5" (the one off Patina version in the middle) myself and that is why the 5.5 is for sale.

View attachment 425087
I was definitely hoping so! That is a stunning little collection of yours! That patina'd Hollywood snare is exactly what I want! Did you just pick that one up off of Reverb a few weeks ago? I had my eye on it!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was definitely hoping so! That is a stunning little collection of yours! That patina'd Hollywood snare is exactly what I want! Did you just pick that one up off of Reverb a few weeks ago? I had my eye on it!
Yep, the Patina is a one off done in the same process of the Dunnett 2N's. I bought it through Reverb from Rufus in Vancouver, Canada. Ronn uses them to move quite a bit of the one off and prototype drums so keep an eye open if your in the market. They were great to deal with.

Having picked that up a couple of weeks ago is why I am selling the 5.5".

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Bumping it up off page 3 with a price drop... we're pretty much at the "I'll keep it price" now!