SOLD! 2019 Noble & Cooley solid shell walnut 5x14 snare, with upgraded chrome, new head, Ahead snare bag

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
2019, mint condition beautiful Noble & Cooley solid shell walnut gloss 5x14" snare, walnut re-rings, with upgraded chrome lugs/hardware (instead of brass) and classy wood burn logo, plus new batter head, PLUS perfect AHEAD fleece snare bag...

there is an extremely tiny indentation next to throw off, highlighted with yellow arrow in picture. It's very shallow and still has the gloss lacquer intact. Otherwise drum is perfect.

items never left non-smoking home. Drum made MAY 2019

This is one of the best snare drums period. $875 shipping included - lower 48 states only...local pick up as well.

Specifications
This Noble & Cooley Classic Walnut Snare Drum Features:
  • 100% North American Walnut shell, gloss
  • Upgraded Chrome Lugs/hardware
  • 2.3mm Hoops
  • USA Remo heads
  • Made in the USA
  • snare bag

o9fd6ttbl1lczbk0osek.jpg
ba7au8p84ny3sgzbdue7.jpg
ctfijsy9zzstpgggpo3b.jpg
fgus5rcychgur8xzlzd0.jpg
ipfcepfov2ou2rgntpoz.jpg
kenkygvwdcvtihyub13e.jpg
NC.jpg
pjwt7eocdad9l7ghu18i.jpg
on5kxjfhe5liystumvwn.jpg
wsgvw88z8nqqybc7uvnp.jpg

Last edited:

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
they charge extra for CHROME instead of brass lugs/hardware...

Last edited:

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have heard of N&C referring to their chrome as "upgraded" before. Not really sure why, because chrome is chrome?
Still, that's one beautiful drum. GLWS.

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
yes, I believe it may have cost me about $50-80 more (or so?) for chrome than having brass hardware.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They hand manufacture the brass lugs and such. They don’t order them. So, you pay for the brass stuff outright. If you want anything done beyond that (such as chroming the brass lugs they just manufactured), it is extra labor and such. Therefore an extra expense.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
They hand manufacture the brass lugs and such. They don’t order them. So, you pay for the brass stuff outright. If you want anything done beyond that (such as chroming the brass lugs they just manufactured), it is extra labor and such. Therefore an extra expense.
makes sense

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
Willing to entertain legit offers

Or Willing to trade for a new or perfectly mint craviotto 5 or 5.5x14 solid walnut snare

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
"IMO, you’ve already got the best solid walnut snare out there. N&C sets the bar."

I actually think you're right, but wanted a different hardware - Craviotto may suite me better.

Dan Dakabin Drums

Reaction score
I have had both Craviotto and NC maple drums. I sold my Craviotto and have 2 NC solid shells. But, snares are a personal thing. Each to their own I say...✌
All that aside, whoever buys this drum will not be disappointed.

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
You know, that’s good to hear, re n&c over craviotto

so can anyone with n&c experience message me and tell me how to use a Mylar strap with puresound equalizer wires, instead of n&c funky throw off? If I can use a strap I may just keep the snare

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You know, that’s good to hear, re n&c over craviotto

so can anyone with n&c experience message me and tell me how to use a Mylar strap with puresound equalizer wires, instead of n&c funky throw off? If I can use a strap I may just keep the snare

That would be the logical move. Speak directly to them. They are an incredible source for the drums ... and for thinking through an individual issue.

DrumGuy27

Reaction score
thanks very much - you know out of the 5 times in my life I've written to N&C, I only heard back 2 times. But I will try this again. thank you.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
thanks very much - you know out of the 5 times in my life I've written to N&C, I only heard back 2 times. But I will try this again. thank you.

P 413-357-6321 ... ask for Jay or Nick. They answer the phone calls and will discuss pretty much anything you require for their drums. Unreal service.

robthedrummer

Reaction score
I just want to clarify that my comment above was just in jest. That is a wonderful drum, as are Craviottos. If I'm not mistaken, Drumguy, did you list it in the Austin CL some time ago? I think I remember seeing it then. The ONLY thing that kept me from buying it was the gloss finish. I'm more of a matte finish guy.

You really can't go wrong with this snare. 6 months or a year from now - if you don't like it - you certainly can sell it for what Drumguy is selling it for now.

My two cents and worth half that! Good luck with the sale.