SOLD '28 Ludwig Black Beauty

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hate to see it go, but... Had this since 1975. 5x14. 10 lugs. All original except for heads, wires and 2 rim clips that were replaced with genuine old BB clips from Mike Curotto. Original case. I am the second owner of this drum as I bought it from the original owner. I have gigged this drum and recorded with it and it sounds phenomenal. I have not cleaned it for the pics. With a little love this drum will sparkle. over 90 years old. Some wear can be expected. Couldn't find many examples for sale, but the one I found as a completed sale on ebay was $4600. I am asking $3500. Drum will be professionally packed and insured for shipping. Buyer pays shipping. PM me for more info.
IMG_1381.jpg
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1389.JPG
IMG_1380.JPG

Last edited:

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very nice, I’ve got an 8 lug scroll pattern drum that I sometimes think about selling, but never commit. You’ve had that one for a long time so it really must be a very hard decision to make. GLWTS.

Commodore

Reaction score
Here's one pretty much like yours for just a little more money...

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Here's one pretty much like yours for just a little more money...
Wow! Mine should sell in a heartbeat, even though it is a couple years newer. LOL

studrum

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prize winner! Best of luck. Bound to be a TON of mojo in this drum from all that giggin' you've done.

KingLudwig

Reaction score
Hate to see it go, but... Had this since 1975. 5x14. 10 lugs. All original except for heads, wires and 2 rim clips that were replaced with genuine old BB clips from Mike Curotto. Original case. I am the second owner of this drum as I bought it from the original owner. I have gigged this drum and recorded with it and it sounds phenomenal. I have not cleaned it for the pics. With a little love this drum will sparkle. over 90 years old. Some wear can be expected. Couldn't find many examples for sale, but the one I found as a completed sale on ebay was $4600. I am asking $3500. Drum will be professionally packed and insured for shipping. Buyer pays shipping. PM me for more info. View attachment 523755 View attachment 523756 View attachment 523757 View attachment 523758
Awhole lotta mojo in that drum!

jmele2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow -that is a beautiful drum!

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good luck. Know how you hate to parts with that beauty.

A.TomicMorganic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The groups name is "Little Bill and the Bluenotes." There are a few vids up on you tube and some old, old 45s, but nothing with the BB. I am trying to get in touch with a local music historian that has all our CDs and hopefully the ability to post the one I feel is most representative of the BB. I will post it even after the drum is sold so everyone can hear how great it is.