SOLD 60s Slingerland Players Bop Kit Red Sparkle 14x18, 14x14, 8x12!

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This sweet little bop set is up for sale. These drums were orphans from different eras and the bass drum has some significant fade, so it's a player set, but everything is original and it has no extra holes or mods. The price is $1200 shipped in the USA.

14x18 is the real deal, not a conversion. 3ply with rings, no extra holes or damage. Date stamped mar 65 and has a beautiful birdseye maple interior. It was originally part of a modern combo kit, so it has the first gen double tom mount and cowbell mount. Double tom post included. It unfortunately has some significant fade on the top half of the drum, faded to a tangerine color, but the wrap is tight with no cracks. Chrome has been polished and shines nicely, but there is some pitting on the lugs and mounts, I tried to put the best looking lugs on the top. Original hoops are solid but could use a coat of paint, some of the inlay is missing as well.

14x14 is in great shape. 1962 3ply with rings and mahogany interior, no extra holes, mods, or damage. Wrap is tight, clean and vibrant. Era correct cob rims and push button leg mounts. Chrome is in good shape with just some minor pitting and scratches.

8x12 '61 3ply with rings, mahogany interior, mo extra holes, mods, or damage. Cob rims and diamond clip mount. Fairly clean, the wrap looks to have faded a touch but evenly across the drum. Chrome is in ok shape with just some minor pitting and scratches and a few rust/tarnish spots on the diamond mount.

Beautiful sounding drums! Overall a great little bop kit that won't break the bank.

Attachments

Last edited:

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bjisteve said:
I have a similar mid-60's kit - these drums just sing. Cured my of my lifetime Gretsch habit.
Very nice! I'd be keeping this set if I wasn't using my WMPs all the time.

Attachments

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This set is still for sale...

some interior shots of the toms:
2.jpg 3.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 13.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just recently joined the Slingerland 12/14/18 club and can attest to how much fun these little vintage kits are. It does everything I need to duplicate vintage songs from the 50's to early 70's.

Attachments

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful. I love my Slingerlands.
They sound wonderful.
I might sell my round badge kit and go back to them

SlingyFan

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'll consider partial trade for a pair of Valje (not LP) or JCR bongos or a nice boutique 22" jazz ride; Agop, Craig Lauritsen, Matt Bettis. Also looking for a nice leather cymbal bag.

Last edited:

Latest posts