Sold 70s Ludwig Octaplus Butcher Block

Drummingfool11

Reaction score
Have a 70s butcher block cortex octaplus. 6/8/10/12/13/14/15/16/18/24/24. Set was born together and not a orphan built one. Has the original mounts for the bass drum
And 2 original stands to mount toms. Bearing edges are as expected from the era, far from perfect, but the set took new pinstripes easily. Has a few flaws but in wonderful condition given the age. You don’t see complete octas come up too often in this condition. Looking for 1900 obo. Located in southern CA. Due to size, I am not looking to ship for now. Will drive a reasonable distance if someone is interested. Some notes on the set below.

A cosmetic split in the wrap between the mount & badge on a bass drum. Not a shell issue. See photos.
Inner ply split around a lug on one bass drum. Cannot be seen from the exterior, has been glued and clamped and is not a structural issue. Drum is in round and tunes easily. See photo. This has been repaired.
Stress split in the wrap/outter ply on the 8" tom. Common on these small concert toms. Can be seen in the last photo. Drum is in round and not cracked internally. I replaced the original washers with larger versions to prevent any further stress on the shell.

Attachments

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Don't be afraid to ship these tubs via Greyhound Bus Shipping...it's downright cheap. Usually about 1/3 the price of UPS and FedEx and they are much gentler with the boxes.

Drummingfool11

Reaction score
Will accept reasonable offers. Let’s get this out to a vintage Ludwig lover.

TPC

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have no room for this set, I don't play any music for which this set would be appropriate, my drum budget is spent, and I still kinda want it. So freaking cool! GLWS!