SOLD 80's Gretsch Jasper 14x20, 8x10, 8x12, 14x14 - Antique Maple

jhall

Reaction score
FOR SALE - A fantastic example of 1980's era Gretsch drums in beautiful antique maple. Some wear from use, but certainly nothing to worry about. Chris Heuer of Heuer's Drum Lab, made sure all the drums were square and good to go. Flexible sizes for most musical settings.
$2200 / toms & kick
$2500 / with matching 5x14 snare

Located in OKC, OK area. Willing to ship at buyers expense. Hit me back with any questions.

I have a ton more photos. I'm happy to email or text. 405.818.1921 / jeffdrummerhall@gmail.com

Jeff -
Gretsch.jpg

jhall

Reaction score
Some wear on the 10 & 12. 14 has a little scuffs, but nothing major. Kick is solid with some dings/rash here and there, but a fantastic sounding/playing kit.

IMG_7001.jpeg
IMG_7004.jpeg
IMG_7008.jpeg
IMG_7012.jpeg

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
mama mia! Nice drums.

Maybe it's the light, but those kinda look like regular walnut finish to me.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
mama mia! Nice drums.

Maybe it's the light, but those kinda look like regular walnut finish to me.
If color code was/ is on inner tag; it'd ( a pic) would solve it/

Would you(say those are early South Carolina Gretsch drums or late Arkansas Gretsch drums?
anyone?

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
If Heuer did the edges, that's a special kit. Good luck with the sale.

jhall

Reaction score
If color code was/ is on inner tag; it'd ( a pic) would solve it/

Would you(say those are early South Carolina Gretsch drums or late Arkansas Gretsch drums?
anyone?
Great question. The tags don't indicate anything other than serial numbers. The Baldwin era of Gretsch (I thought) used different mounting options (resin ball) imbedded into the shell hardware. I'd guess later 80's.

Reactions: JDA

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Gretsch Techware hardware came out in either 78 or 79. I ordered a kit in 1979, because I had read a review stating how much better the new hardware was. The kit came with stop sign badges. It had Techware hardware on the toms and bass drum, but the floor tom still had diamond mounts. Gretsch quality control!

Then in 1980 I ordered two add-on toms, and they came with square badges. But man, the walnut finished matched perfectly.

jaymandude

Reaction score
Hi Jeff. Mo Roberts here. How have you been ? Nice kit. I think the writing on the tags changed over time. Early 80's square badge model numbers look pretty home grown. Later drums it looks like they started typing the numbers. I'm not in the market, but you should show the spurs I think.

jhall

Reaction score
Techware spurs. Previous (smartly) taped them where the come out to the proper place every time. I’ll post some pics of the serial numbers for dating purposes.

jhall

Reaction score
Hi Jeff. Mo Roberts here. How have you been ? Nice kit. I think the writing on the tags changed over time. Early 80's square badge model numbers look pretty home grown. Later drums it looks like they started typing the numbers. I'm not in the market, but you should show the spurs I think.
Hey Mo! Been well man, thanks for asking. Agreed on the serial numbers. I've seen some that look like they were written by my 6yr old! Thanks for saying hello.