SOLD 80's Gretsch Jasper 14x20, 8x10, 8x12, 14x14 - Antique Maple

owr

Reaction score
Sorry for the tangent, but heck a bumps a bump - but - how do you like those diffusers you have set up behind your kit? Looks like you have your drums set up facing a corner with a corner bass trap and then the diffusers on either side? I'm dealing with some small room acoustic issues, shamelessly asking folks who look to be in a similar situation.

Beautiful drums, if I didnt already have RBs in those sizes (mostly) I'd be interested.

GLWS

jhall

Reaction score
Thanks for asking. The room is 900'sf and ceilings are 13'. Not an overly huge room, but I wouldn't classify as a small room. The diffusers are 6.5' solid oak and I can close or open them for diffusion or reflection. There is about 40 linear feet of it that allows for sonic options. The panel behind the drums is a 4x8 owens/corning 703 that drys up selected frequencies. I have another 4x8 as a cloud directly over the kit.
I love the oak behind the drums. I purchased it from a studio out of the Bay area and it has been a great addition to my home studio in both aesthetics and function.

I have another set of 80's Gretsch with all the sizes except the bass drum. I had thought about breaking the kit up and keeping the kick to have it refinished to match my other kit, but these are two clean and nice to orphan the toms/snare drum.
Someone will end up with a lifetime drum kit with this set.

Thanks for the bump!

Reactions: owr

owr

Reaction score
Nice, sounds like a very nice set up indeed. I'm still in the (SF) bay area, so my drum room is 80 sqft... OK has some benefits for sure. I've got the walls and corners pretty well taken care of with absorption which has made it way more tolerable, but the ceiling is still untreated and giving me some problems, ironically in the high frequencies. I'm getting a terrible metallic zing off any pair of hats I use, and the high end of an unmuffled snare is uncomfortable. Ive wanted to incorporate some more diffusion but from what I've read the room just isn't big enough for most solutions to work properly. Going to stop procrastinating now and do some tests in there to try and find the culprit frequency ranges and keep on treating.

Good luck with sale again, beautiful drums.

Thanks for asking. The room is 900'sf and ceilings are 13'. Not an overly huge room, but I wouldn't classify as a small room. The diffusers are 6.5' solid oak and I can close or open them for diffusion or reflection. There is about 40 linear feet of it that allows for sonic options. The panel behind the drums is a 4x8 owens/corning 703 that drys up selected frequencies. I have another 4x8 as a cloud directly over the kit.
I love the oak behind the drums. I purchased it from a studio out of the Bay area and it has been a great addition to my home studio in both aesthetics and function.

I have another set of 80's Gretsch with all the sizes except the bass drum. I had thought about breaking the kit up and keeping the kick to have it refinished to match my other kit, but these are two clean and nice to orphan the toms/snare drum.
Someone will end up with a lifetime drum kit with this set.

Thanks for the bump!