SOLD *** Beautful 6X14" Summit Mahogany Single Ply Snare, serial #91

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLD! Thanks all for the look!

Hey folks, let me first say while this is a rather surprise sale (at least for me) it is not the last Summit snare drum I will own! Gary builds amazing instruments and this beauty is no exception. This drum was just built in April of this year and I made no plans of selling it, until I had the opportunity to chase a pretty rare plied Mahogany drum that had been on my radar for a while. So while I am selling both my Mahogany snares to finance the new version, I will promptly decide what I want Gary to build me next and I will get right back in line for another Summit snare.

This is a 6X14" single ply African Mahogany (with rings bent from the same board) snare with 10 brass tube lugs, double flange hoops and claws and a INDe throw and butt. It's warm and focused but will bite harder than you think it will for a mahogany shell. Ive nothing but complements for this drum and thus why I will have another Summit built soon. It has 20 strand snares and the Remo Ambassador batter and snare side have maybe 10 hours on them so ready to unbox and play!

Prices to sell as this is about raising funds... Free Shipping in the lower 48 (I will split the cost to Canada) and I will cover all the Pay Pal fees...

$460.00 Delivered (with current stick chopper hoop and claws)

or

$500.00 delivered with a new set of Gibraltar 3.0 triple flange hoops included along with the orgional

So while my Mahogany snare option will now be represented by one of my dream drums, this is not the end of my Summit obsession, but it just may be the beginning of yours!

DSC_0249 copy.jpg

20210406_203651 copy.jpg 20210406_203727 copy.jpg 20210407_093924 copy copy.jpg DSC_0255 copy.jpg DSC_0257 copy.jpg 20210406_203935 copy.jpg

20210829_122714 copy.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Mcdonap

Reaction score
I have a Summit solid mahogany snare as well, and I can vouch for the great sound and build of these drums!
Someone is going to get a heck of a deal on this!

I'd never owned a mahogany snare before and I was a little worried about some of the descriptions I'd read. A description of "spongy" kind of scared me. Gary Posey gave me a sound clip of my drum and that erased all of my worries. The snare is warm, but it does have plenty of crack. It's also very sensitive and articulate. I'm very happy with mine.

Good luck with the sale.

nk126

Reaction score
I have a Summit solid mahogany snare as well, and I can vouch for the great sound and build of these drums!
Someone is going to get a heck of a deal on this!

I'd never owned a mahogany snare before and I was a little worried about some of the descriptions I'd read. A description of "spongy" kind of scared me. Gary Posey gave me a sound clip of my drum and that erased all of my worries. The snare is warm, but it does have plenty of crack. It's also very sensitive and articulate. I'm very happy with mine.

Good luck with the sale.
+1 on the above. Mine’s a 6.5” :)

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summit Drums are some of the finest built drums I have ever seen and this snare is no exception . This is a no brainer purchase folks - you will love this drum .