SOLD. Crescent Classic 21” Ride (Bosphorus Traditional) 2689 grams

almamadre

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
SOLD. For sale is a true gem - a post-Bosphorus pre-Sabian Crescent Classic Series 21" Ride Cymbal - 2689 grams. Excellent, almost new condition. This is basically the same model as a Bosphorus Traditional Series. $225 shipped!

Attachments

Last edited:

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Wow, your a brave man... I just dont have the stomach for a .99 cent no reserve auction... I would wind up selling it for $35 my luck!

Question, if this is post-Bosphorus but pre-Sabian, then who made it? I dont have a great knowledge on the Crescent line. I knew that Bosphorous was the orgional contractor for the series then I knew they had Sabian build them before Sabian actually purchased the "brand" outright and made it a line in the their family. So who made this model in between the two, was it Masterworks?

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Impresssion was the name of the manufacturing company making Crescent in between Bosphorus and Sabian. Impression was created as a split in Bosphorus where one or more people went out on their own. If you search on DFO (or more widely) for Impression you will probably find discussions which took place around that time when the information was fresh. Was Impression a foundry with a different address from any other Turkish manufacturer? I don't know. We're back into the murky Turkish territory you are familiar with. Claims and counter claims. :dontknow:

almamadre

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, your a brave man... I just dont have the stomach for a .99 cent no reserve auction... I would wind up selling it for $35 my luck!
Yeah, I hear ya!. This one will be risky, as Crescent isn't a well-known brand. But my experience with running no-reserve, .99 auctions has been very favorable on eBay. I almost ALWAYS come out better than with BIN/Best Offer. I think there is some psychology around folks getting excited about a "low price" or a "great find" and then ending up emotionally attached to that idea and the item, and then ending up in a bidding war with someone else who is going through the same emotional process.

But we'll see with this one...

almamadre

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Price lowered to $225 shipped.

Also up on Reverb, but might as well get it here.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wait. I'm confused. I thought you pulled the auction because you decided to keep it but now a now couple later its back on Ebay?

chorga1

Reaction score
I’ll take it! Hopefully this should go well with Ride and hats I bought from you a couple years ago…