**SOLD - Duluth Brass “Truecast” Cast Bronze Snare 8x14

jdrums123

Reaction score
Finally just completed my build on my Duluth Brass version of the “Truecast” snare, but my studio computer took a dive this week (argh!). So time to move things to get the new computer in.

I left the bronze shell and hoops raw for it to patina naturally. As a result, it shows any fingerprints, but thebuyer can also take additional steps to the finish based on his/her preference because the drum is left raw.

All scratches or marks you see on the shell are a result of the tooling it takes to cast the shell. John told me this happens on all of their shells because of the casting process (even DW questioned it due to the price they intended on charging for their drum), so no need to worry if the drum hasn’t been cared for — not the case! I literally just got it put together.

Specs:

8x14 CA907 Cast “Treebronze” shell (exact same as the DW Truecast shell)

5mm > 3mm > 5mm concave inner shell thickness. Standard Ocheltree spec edges (same as Truecast).

Set of 14” CA 954 Cast AL Bronze hoops 10 lug

Solid Brass 1/2” Post Tube Lugs

Trick GS007 Multi-position throw-off/butt

14” Canopus Backbeat nickel plated wires

2” brass-plated tension rods

Fresh set of Remo Coated CS Dot/Hazy Ambassador drumheads.

I also threw in Canopus Bolt Tight leather washers and Canopus Red Locks to finish it off. It’s a cast bronze tone machine!

Price is $1300 shipped Con U.S.

All PayPal fees included in listed price (will send buyer a payment request thru PP for buyer/seller protection). I’m not looking to profit on this drum at all, and am actually selling it for less than what I have into it, especially factoring in the shipping on this heavy beast!

Not looking for any trades due to my computer situation, but hope it can go to someone who will really enjoy it!

Attachments

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Lordy, that is a pretty drum!

How much, in fact, DOES it weigh? Or is that one of "those" questions: you know, prospective customer to Ferrari salesman - "how much does it cost"; salesman back to customer - " if you NEED to ask, you cannot afford it" ....

Bada bump! Pish ........

M.

musiqman

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How much would ship to Europe cost?

even with taxes and approx ship its mich more affordable than anything out there here.

And the concave shell is genius.

jdrums123

Reaction score
Lordy, that is a pretty drum!

How much, in fact, DOES it weigh? Or is that one of "those" questions: you know, prospective customer to Ferrari salesman - "how much does it cost"; salesman back to customer - " if you NEED to ask, you cannot afford it" ....

Bada bump! Pish ........

M.
Hah! It weighs 22.8 lbs on my scale :oops: Unreal heavy, but it's the only way to truly get that tone!

phdamage

Reaction score
my Duluth is about 24 lbs - i did the max shell thickness all the way through. funny enough, it isn't my heaviest drum by a long shot - i have one made from a steel pipe that is 38 lbs!!! even my Keplinger is only 13 lbs.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to this idiot what a truecast snare is lol?
The “Truecast” is in quotes, and it’s explained in the description it’s a similar concave design as the DW. I don’t think he’s an idiot.

michiganice91

Reaction score
The “Truecast” is in quotes, and it’s explained in the description it’s a similar concave design as the DW. I don’t think he’s an idiot.
"this idiot" was in reference to myself. I see now....I didn't know about the DW snare having that design. Appreciate the clarification there @Ptrick