SOLD DW 5.5x14 Collectors Series Snare Drum 2000's Broken Glass Glitter $375 + Free Shipping

jashoup

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is a DW Collector's Series 5.5x14 snare drum in what I believe is Broken Glass Finish Ply. There is a date stamp on the interior of the drum but it is faint and hard to read. It is definitely in the early 2000's but I cannot tell if the last couple of characters in the date are 03 or 05. I believe the strainer model was used on drums dating back to the mid-90's, and I think DW began using the Delta model strainer sometime in the mid-2000's, so my best guess is that this drum dates to 2003. Serial number, as pictured, is 199747. Based on a quick Google search I could not find definite information on manufacture dates based on serial numbers, but maybe a call to DW could shed more light on the question.

IMG_1324.JPGIMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1329.JPGIMG_1332.JPG

IMG_1334.JPGIMG_1335.JPG

IMG_1336.JPGIMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1344.JPGIMG_1346.JPG

Anywho, the drum is in fantastic condition and has only seen light use. Wrap seam is tight, bearing edges are perfect, and the strainer works fine. I put brand new heads on it in March (Skyntone Ambassador batter and Hazy Ambassador snare side) and have since played the drum on two gigs. It still wears what I believe are the original snare wires.

I think I've covered all the bases but please let me know if I can answer any questions for you. I offer free shipping within the continental U.S. Please contact me for a shipping quote to other destinations.

Thanks!

JS

Last edited:

Latest posts