SOLD: Earthworks DK25/R Drum Kit Microphone System

ScottGunshore

idrum = udig?
Reaction score
SOLD.

Simply incredible mics.

I brought these to my friend’s studio and he never wanted to use his other overheads again. I’ve yet to come across another set of mics that capture the purity of a drumset sound in a studio. The bass drum mic (+ pad) is on another level from all the typical choices we know and love.

Everything is packaged in a brushed aluminum metal case that they no longer provide (they switched to plastic). The burgundy lining over the foam insert is starting to separate in between the mics as you can see in the pic, and the case has a few nicks.

IMG_8711.JPG

IMG_8708.JPG
IMG_8710.JPG
IMG_8706.JPG

These are bullet-proof and have been well cared for in my possession. I recently upgraded to a full Earthworks set that includes close mics so I can release these to the wild without regret.

NOTE: Photos show only 2 mic clips, but there will be 3 provided (all original to the set).

Read online reviews and you’ll see why these receive well-deserved hype.

Ad copy:

The DK25/R is for recording and has two TC25 omnis for overheads, an SR25 cardioid for kick drum, a KickPad™ and a windscreen. This model is ideal for use in an enclosed acoustic environment or in a drum room/booth.

Drum microphones for recording
Includes 2 TC25 microphones, 1, SR25 microphone, 1 KP1 KickPad™, 3 microphone clips and rugged carrying case
TC25 overhead microphones handle up to 150dB SPL without distortion

Link to the most current iteration:

https://earthworksaudio.com/products/microphones/drumkit-series/dk25r/

Attachments

Last edited:

ScottGunshore

idrum = udig?
Reaction score
Features:
  • Improved impulse response for faster and more accurate transients
  • Shorter diaphragm settling time to prevent quieter attacks from being blurred by earlier loud attacks
  • Extended frequency response to 25kHz to capture a crisper and more realistic image
  • Near perfect polar patterns that remain even across all frequencies and at any position within the pattern
  • More cohesive and unified drum sound
  • Hear more attack and subtle detail
  • Increased detail and dynamic range
  • Versatile, multi-use mics
  • Mics are protected in a high impact case
  • Ideal three-mic choice for live performance or recording in less than ideal acoustic environments
  • Fast setup and teardown
  • Comes with 3 SR25s (two for overheads and one for kick drum), 1 KickPad™, 1 windscreen
  • The patented cardioid pattern on the SR25 provides a more uniform off-axis response and has less susceptibility to acoustic feedback

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
WOW! Very interesting. I've read a lot about them. Have you had any experience with the Cardiod version DK25/L?

ScottGunshore

idrum = udig?
Reaction score
Sorry - I do not. I'm guessing that would blow a sound guy's mind if you showed up to a gig with those mics!

florian1

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
dynomite mics! Ive used them before and they provide AWESOME true sound...best mics on the planet.

F

Northamusi

Reaction score
These are excellent microphones. I used them in the studio many times, and the detail was amazing.
-Steve