SOLD. FS: Radio King

curly

Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought this snare of fellow forum member Dan Radin a couple of years ago. It's an awesome old single ply 14x7 Radio King that likely dates to 1928-1948 cloud badge era. At some point in its life prior to when I owned it, it was restored by Nodar Rode and refinished in automotive purple. The original throw-off has been replaced with a vintage Rogers strainer that is really smooth and the extra holes have been filled. It has eight original nickel-plated brass cigar lugs and I have a couple of extras I will include. If you have played one of these drums, you know how great the nickel-played double-flanged hoops are in terms of sound and feel.

Heads are a coated Ambassador on top, a high-collar Ambassador Snare, and Puresound Custom Pro brass snares. This drum seems to love lower tunings and has a huge presence and just a cool overall vibe. I wish I could keep it but am using it enough to justify keeping it around. As with all drums this age there are a couple of issues that you can see in the pictures. The top bearing edge has been repaired. The bottom reinforcement rings are separating slightly from the shell but should be easy to repair. The heads fit tight (as they do with all RKs it seems) and so have left a small residual ring that is not visible when the heads are on.

Asking 400 plus shipping.

Last edited:

curly

Reaction score
Buuuuump. $400 plus shipping. Willing to consider trades as well.

curly

Reaction score
Adding a picture that better captures the bottom re-ring separation for those that have asked.