SOLD - Giant Beat 15" Hats

jmato

Reaction score
Several cymbals for sale. All have been played, some more than others. Here goes:

Zildjian:

GIVEN AWAY - 18" Crash/Ride (?) - 80's I think - 2055 grams -- some loon helpfully engraved their band into the bell which should not affect sound - normal wear otherwise -- $80 shipped, or I will send it to you free if you can use it in your school band.

IMG_1058[25336].jpg IMG_1059[25338].jpg IMG_1060[25340].jpg IMG_1061[25342].jpg

17" Crash -- Also 80's I think -- 1313 grams -- some slight discoloration and normal wear -- SOLD

IMG_1062[25358].jpg IMG_1063[25360].jpg IMG_1064[25362].jpg IMG_1066[25364].jpg

I am not a Zildjian guy. I picked these up when buying other gear. If I am way off base on price or descriptions, please somebody say so and I will correct the listing.

Paiste:

15" Giant Beat Hats -- 951g/1271g -- These were my gigging hats until I got the Sound Edges. Great sound, some slight discoloration in places but no effect on sound. Love these hats. $325 shipped

Pics below

Sabian:

21" AAX Raw Bell Dry Ride -- 3168g -- Some wear. This was gigged. Appears to be in good condition other than (again) some slight discoloration. Could likely be cleaned if you were so inclined. SOLD

14" Sabian AAX Stage Hats for sale in another thread too.

Thank you for looking!

Attachments

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Not an expert but double checked on Zen's page... Re: Zildjian's yes those hollow ink logos which are from around 1978 - 1982 give or take. In good shape and I think fairly priced. Good luck with Sale!

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Your 18" Zildjian at 2055 is a very heavy cymbal....assuming you weighed it correctly. That's the kind of weight usually only seen for marching and band crash cymbals. Very high pitched ride and not very crashable in a drum kit. Because of their limited drum kit applications I see those heavy weights sell for $60-$85.

jmato

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. You may be right, TAMA CW. I don't know its history. If someone has interest in the 18", please make me a reasonable offer.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah I missed the weight on the 18" that is heavy! Might check the weight if you're able to. Still might make a great secondary ride for someone.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I agree completely with TamaCW on the 18" Zildjian - that weight is waaaay up there in the ride cymbal category. That weight really limits the cymbal's use except as a ride cymbal. I'd guess the $80 range, as well.

I love 17" crash cymbals, and I think your price is on the mark, especially considering that shipping is included. That's a good deal.

The Sabian RBDR is one I love, too. I have one that I will not be parting with. Took me several years to find one that I could afford, but I picked mine up for about $150 in like-new condition. There are a bunch of them on the market right now, and that has resulted in lower prices. Pricing this one is a little more "iffy," I'm afraid.

Much luck with your sale.

GeeDeeEmm

jmato

Reaction score
Thank you all. I modified the 18" price to $80. The weight is accurate enough - it is very heavy indeed. Much appreciated.

And GeeDeeEmm, I agree with you on the RBDR. It's a very nice sounding ride. I would like to sell it, but won't be broken up if it doesn't go and I get to keep it.

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Your 18" Zildjian at 2055 is a very heavy cymbal....assuming you weighed it correctly. That's the kind of weight usually only seen for marching and band crash cymbals. Very high pitched ride and not very crashable in a drum kit. Because of their limited drum kit applications I see those heavy weights sell for $60-$85.
I would guess "K.V. Band #1" might refer to school band, rather than a rock band. Like "Kansas Valley" or something. Not a loon, rather a band director trying to protect his gear from walking off.

jmato

Reaction score
Good point. I had not thought of that and you are probably right. I am a bona fide purchaser of the cymbal, but let's put it back into the education system and try to right a prior wrong. If anyone on here could use the 18" Zildjian for their school band, shoot me a message and I will send it your way gratis.

jmato

Reaction score
Bump, and also highlighting the free 18" to anyone who can use it in education. (See post #11.) Thank you for looking.

jmato

Reaction score
Bump - Giant Beat hats still for sale. 18" Crash still free. Thanks for looking.

Latest posts