SOLD: Glenn Cronkhite / Original Reunion Blues 24" Cymbal Bag

JR Richley

Reaction score
COVID 19 relief sale: Glenn Cronkhite 24" smooth black leather black cymbal bag. Glenn was the originator and head of Reunion Blues, back before he sold the name to a Japanese concern which now runs it. He retained the rights to continue to make his own bags under his name and use his original designs and patents, upon which he has continued to refine. In theory, he only sold the "name" of Reunion Blues. He has continued to make improvements on what, IMHO, are the best leather bags in the world. There is no doubt that Reunion blues quality is pretty much beyond reproach. i have three of these cymbal bags and his x-tra large stick bag. All these bags are used daily, as i am a full time player (Well...not since the Covid 19 outbreak...hence the covid relief sale). There is no doubt in my mind they will outlast me,and when i am gone, serve another drummer for his/her entire career. I was approached at a gig by a high end leather craftsperson at a gig one once who said to me "...do you know what you have there?" and pointed to my cymbal bag and stick bag. He then proceeded to tell me that quality of the leather itself and that level of craftsmanship are pretty much unheard of these days. I've seen the other high end manufacturers make very nice bags, but they are not in this league whatsoever.

This bag will accommodate up to 24" cymbals, and has a generously large exterior pocket for storage. Heavily padded with grey soft interior. #10 YKK brass zippers and solid brass rivets and T138 polyester threads for longevity. Comes with handles and two backpack straps, one of which can double as a shoulder strap. It has no sewn-in dividers, so you can choose your own or go without. This is a one-and-done purchase. You will never have to replace this bag. Normal wait time for these bags is 2 to 3 months.

Please feel free to contact me with any further questions you might have. I am here to help.

Cost: $350.00 w/free shipping included (to lower 48 US states). Other shipping cost determined by your location.

Thanks...JR

Attachments

Last edited: