SOLD! Gretsch 70's SSB kit with 4165 snare

blikum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
And SOLD! Okay, it pains me to sell this, because it sounds incredible and has serious mojo. But sadly, it's not getting any playing time in my stable of kits. 14 x 22, 9 x 13, 16 x 16 and 5 x 14 4165 COB snare. This is definitely a players kit, not for a museum. The bass drum has had modern spurs fitted and original holes plugged (see pics). Also fitted with a modern tom mount and original holes covered. The rack tom was fitted with a Gretsch diamond mount plate with original holes covered up. The floor tom has three tiny holes filled on the reso head side. All have the paper tag serials. The chrome has some light pitting and the finish has wear, but not bad at all. It still presents very well. The Gretsch 4165 snare sounds killer! It's in pretty good condition, I did notice a little chrome peeling on the batter hoop. All mufflers are intact and functional. Lots of play time left on the REMO vintage Emperors. All work and refinishing was done by Wood and Weather drum shop which is where I got it from. At this time I'm going to have to do local pickup in the Raleigh, NC. area only. I'm willing to meet and or deliver up to 200 miles in any direction. $1450 cash and carry. Drums only, no stands. If you want the snare stands I'm sure we could work out something.

hero.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

20.jpg

Last edited:

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah that kit looks like it did have mojo. I used to look at Jaco’s bass and think the same thing every time I saw it.