SOLD!!! Gretsch Floating Action (Chain) Bass Drum Pedal

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not too bad, the spring is definitely either not OEM or has been bent and the little 'T' bar from the hoop mount is missing. I'm not the original owner, but it looks prett good to me, seen a lot worse on the 'bay.

Seems like these are all over the place price-wise.

How about $65+shipping (OBO)? Paypal (no fees)

Let me know what y'all think.

IMG_9024.JPG
IMG_9026.JPG
IMG_9027.JPG
IMG_9028.JPG
IMG_9029.JPG

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a piece of history right there, the very first chain drive pedal, if I'm not mistaken. They first appeared as a mod of the strap-drive pedals.

In the last link, note how far the chain was wrapped around the sprocket. Later pedals only had a chain as long as it took to work, and fewer sprocket teeth, or later no teeth at all (Pearl , Yamaha etc.)

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a piece of history right there, the very first chain drive pedal, if I'm not mistaken. They first appeared as a mod of the strap-drive pedals.

In the last link, note how far the chain was wrapped around the sprocket. Later pedals only had a chain as long as it took to work, and fewer sprocket teeth, or later no teeth at all (Pearl , Yamaha etc.)
Thanks for that-I appreciate the input.

tradrad

Pro
Reaction score

dang, yeah!!! when i worked at pro percussion in NY back in the late 70's/early 80's i made a million of those!!! everyone updated/upgraded their floating actions to this. i wish i'd seen this sooner cause i STUPIDLY sold all of mine and went back to straps...i remember these original ones feeling amazing.

Latest posts