SOLD!! Gretsch Full Range Maple 5x14 Snare Natural Gloss Mint

ineedmajorchops

Reaction score
I bought this new a few years ago and has been in storage ever since so it's in mint conition. 10 ply Maple shell with a beautiful high gloss finish. Silver sealer interior. Die cast hoops. Great versatile snare!SOLD!!

Last edited:

moosryan

Reaction score
Are these similar to the 10 ply New Classic snares?

ineedmajorchops

Reaction score
Moosryan,

Im a previous owner of a New Classic kit and snare and I would say no, this is not similar. The hardware, not just the lugs are different. The New Classic throwoff was partially plastic (I didn't like that aspect of it). This Full Range throw all metal (cast?)- simple but very functional.

I would say this snare is closer to the old Renown and USA Custom snares. It has the North American hard maple shell closer to the old Renown line (the new Renown R2 line uses a softer maple) and the lugs are the similar to the USA Custom lugs. The badge is similar to a USA Custom Square Badge. I believe the edges are 45 degrees like the Renowns.

Besides the aesthetics, it's a great sounding snare and it's very versatile. I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been interest in it at this price and if this thing doesn't sell in a week or two I'm just going to keep it.

Last edited:

moosryan

Reaction score
Thanks so much! Not exactly what I'm looking for, but I really appreciate the honest & detailed feedback. Hope someone snags it!