SOLD -- Hard Bop Drums (Keller Shells) and cases

ChasDrums118

Reaction score
Hard Bop Drums ... plus cases and three additional BD heads
18x14 BD; 14x14 FT; 12x8 RT
Dunnett rack mount for small tom.
Drums are in "very good" shape with a few minor scratches here and there ...
Also includes Protection Racket cases for all drums and three 18-inch heads for the kick (Remo Powerstroke P-3 Black Suede; Evans EMAD; and an Aquarian black, ported, two-ply reso). Currently using Remo Ambassadors on the toms. Bass drum has an Aquarian Texture Coated on the beater side and a Remo Fiberskyn on the reso side.
Snare in video not included.
$900 plus shipping

I bought this kit from Hard Bop in July 2008. Hard Bop was a small, one-man, boutique company in Phoenix that closed when the owner-operator, jazz drummer Rob Schuh, passed away.

This is a traditional jazz kit evoking an old "Round Badge" Gretsch vibe for a fraction of the cost. But with lower tunings on the toms and the EMAD on the kick, I used the kit for pop and funk gigs in small rooms, too, and they sounded fine. The drums are Keller Shells, but I'm not sure which model (my best guess is the Traditional or Vintage Maple). All shells have reinforcement rings. Both toms feature die-cast hoops.

If interested, contact me at wmlevin@gmail.com

Watch Video Here

GOPR0087 (1).JPG

HB.Bd.Interior.jpg

GOPR0077.JPG

GOPR0078.JPG

GOPR0079.JPG

GOPR0080.JPG

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Nice kit! Yes, I remember Rob well. I’ve had a few HB snares, all stave. GLWS!

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've played this kit and it's really nice! Cases plus three additional bass drum heads for a punchier sound.
GLWTS

Sinclair

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a Hard Bop in these same sizes. One of Rob's stave kits with matching snare.
His builds are meticulous with great attention to detail. Before demoing this kit I looked at the shells. Very solid with thick re-rings reminiscent of the old 60's kits.

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
These are really nice drums. Jazzdrummer on here used to have a kit with a 16" kick that was really fun to play.

Latest posts