SOLD Jerry Jenkins / Orybon aluminum snare

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
SOLD

This is a one-of-a-kind prototype made by Jerry Jenkins, of Jenkins-Martin, in 2006. Asking $300 shipped in the US. I had the great fortune to talk with him about this drum not long before he passed.

At the time, he was making snares for Ory Brochet of Orybon drums. Ory only likes wooden shells, but Jerry was really into metals and synthetics, so Jerry made this prototype using the Orybon lugs and badge, on a 13x6" 3mm rolled and welded aluminum shell. Jerry cut the edges and beds himself.

Ory didn’t want to add it to his line, but Ronald Bruner Jr. came by and bought it.

It has a Trick throw and butt, both working smoothly; black plated steel hoops, with a lot of wear; Puresound wires (16 strand set I cut down to 12); and new DW stainless fine-pitch rods. It came originally with black hex-head rods, and I’ll include those. The shell and lugs have some scuffs and wear, but nothing deeper. Brand new heads, including the no longer available Ludwig 13” reso.

Let me know if you want to upgrade the hoops, as I have some 13” sets to sell.

607A95D1-EB07-4A04-83EE-F906374EA4D0.jpeg
829C01B1-F427-41BB-A1C9-F90FD94735DE.jpeg

Last edited:

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I got an offer on Reverb; just wanted to see if any Jenkins-Martin fans here wanted to make their own offer before I accept.