SOLD Leedy 4" x 14" Nickel over Brass Snare Drum

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think this model was called the "professional" model by Leedy. On the tension knob is stamped "Leedy." Also note that there is a "Wurlitzer - Cincinnati/Chicago" stamp on the batter side rim. The strainer functions very well, as do the tension rods. The tension rods are the slotted type. I have a Sonor drum key that works and I will include that key. It looks like the mounting screws for the drum's hardware have been replaced.

There are Aquarian drumheads on the drum and a set of Puresound wires.

$499 + shipping

Attachments

• IMG-5909.jpg
    IMG-5909.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG-5910.jpg
    IMG-5910.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-5911.jpg
    IMG-5911.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-5912.jpg
    IMG-5912.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 143

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't know how these compare to a Ludwig 20's equivalent if your's is a 1920's but that's a nice one. Bet is sounds good. GLWS!

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes it sounds great. Plus all the hardware is in great shape. I'm not sure when this was made. I find the dual branding of Leedy and Wurlitzer to be interesting - I know a lot of those drum makers did drums for other companies.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Early to mid '20s, when Leedy switched from the utility to the presto throw off. They both used the same hole spacing.
That model, when sold by Leedy, was the multi-model, but would have had the heavier rims stamped "multi model."
The ones they made for Wurlitzer to sell had the standard clip style trims.
Not sure what Wurlitzer named it.
The Leedy Professional would have had the later four screw lugs.

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Early to mid '20s, when Leedy switched from the utility to the presto throw off. They both used the same hole spacing.
That model, when sold by Leedy, was the multi-model, but would have had the heavier rims stamped "multi model."
The ones they made for Wurlitzer to sell had the standard clip style trims.
Not sure what Wurlitzer named it.
The Leedy Professional would have had the later four screw lugs.
Thanks for that information!