SOLD - Like New Noble & Cooley 7x14 Cherry Classic Hi-Gloss Completely Refurbished by N&C New Evans Heads

The Texan

Reaction score
I sold my few months old N&C 14x7 cherry mint condition with die cast and was only able to get $688 for it. I have rarely seen a used N&C go for over $700

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
I sold my few months old N&C 14x7 cherry mint condition with die cast and was only able to get $688 for it. I have rarely seen a used N&C go for over $700
This is a beautiful drum and the refurb job by N&C is obviously top class. But this is like saying a car is brand new even though it was in a previous accident and had repair work done. No matter how good that repair work is, it's still a used car with an accident history.
Wow, whatever happened to tact? Did anyone ever learn if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say, keep it to yourself? If you're not interested in the drum, why don't you simply move on? The price is not out of line. This drum was not in an accident. What are you even talking about? Did either of you consider that is costs money to get work done?

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, whatever happened to tact? Did anyone ever learn if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say, keep it to yourself? If you're not interested in the drum, why don't you simply move on? The price is not out of line. This drum was not in an accident. What are you even talking about? Did either of you consider that is costs money to get work done?
I think what your getting is some accurate feedback on the market of this thing. I agree it could have been said in a more tactful manner. The unfortunate truth is rarely do you get back the money you put in when a drum is refurbished. The original asking price was more than retailers sell them for new, and it has come down to a more reasonable area, but I still think it’s on the high end. I think some buyers also don’t like a refurbished drum being called “like new” in the title.

Last edited:

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
I think what your getting is some accurate feedback on the market of this thing. I agree it could have been said in a more tactful manner. The unfortunate truth is rarely do you get back the money you put in when a drum is refurbished. The original asking price was more than retailers sell them for new, and it has come down to a more reasonable area, but I still think it’s on the high end. I think some buyers also don’t like a refurbished drum being called “like new” in the title.
Right, and the whole “tact” thing was referring to that I wasn’t asking your opinion of what you thought about the price; I’m trying to sell the drum at a fair price. If you don’t agree, move on. Drum Center of Portsmouth has a new one for $950, and you will certainly get it with stick marks and fingerprints, because they handle and “play with” many of the drums they sell. Mine is priced lower than that, and comes with really nice, new Evans heads (again not concerned if you like or dislike Evans heads).

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
"Like new" is an entirely fair and reasonable, upfront ad description. We've seen it a zillion times, and thinking people know that the adjective "like" means that the item is NOT new - that is clear. It is used but in such fine shape to be closely compared to new.

Beefsurgeon

Reaction score
Fwiw, if I were looking for such a drum I would choose this over a brand new one in a heartbeat. Three reasons:

1) It looks flawless. This isn't something that was broken and then fixed. It's something that was already great and was further enhanced by the most qualified people on the planet for the job.

2) A 12-year old shell will typically sound noticeably sweeter than a brand new one.

3) I love how cherry attains a dark/rich color as it ages. This one has a head start!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Fwiw, if I were looking for such a drum I would choose this over a brand new one in a heartbeat. Three reasons:

1) It looks flawless. This isn't something that was broken and then fixed. It's something that was already great and was further enhanced by the most qualified people on the planet for the job.

2) A 12-year old shell will typically sound noticeably sweeter than a brand new one.

3) I love how cherry attains a dark/rich color as it ages. This one has a head start!
I’m happy someone sees the value; hopefully a prospective buyer will feel the same way.

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
This is a beautiful drum and the refurb job by N&C is obviously top class. But this is like saying a car is brand new even though it was in a previous accident and had repair work done. No matter how good that repair work is, it's still a used car with an accident history.
Lighten up Francis

Latest posts