***SOLD*** Ludwig 1920s NOB 2-piece 4" x 14" 8 Lug Snare

KillinBill66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one I'll sure regret. But I haven't been playing it as much lately, so it needs to go to a better home.

I am not an expert on these, so I cannot say which parts are original. Some of the clips appear to be replacements. But I have attached plenty of pictures.

Shell is in nice shape. I don't see any dents. There is one small extra hole under the strainer. Top hoop is slightly out of round, although it fits the drum without problems.

The drum tunes up and plays beautifully. Strainer works fine. I suggest using a rubberband to keep it engaged if you play hard and/or like loose wires. I recently replaced the wires with Puresound Concert 12-strand, so it's ready to go from that perspective.

$775 Shipped East of the Mississippi
$800 Shipped West of the Mississippi

Attachments

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not surprised this went rather quickly. They can be very hard to find. Congrats to the new owner. Gig it. These deserved to be played and are some of the nicest sounding snares ever made IMHO.

Acidwash

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a sneaking suspicion it will be going right into the rotation and be thoroughly and routinely beaten on with a smile.