SOLD! Ludwig 1967 5x14 Acrolite snare drum (lower price)

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
1967 Ludwig Acrolite snare drum.

The snare was disassembled, cleaned and polished. There are scratches and scrapes on the shell and a small amount of pitting on the hardware. One lug has lost some of the chrome plating. Everything on the drum is original as far as I can tell except the heads, tension rods and snare wires.

Serial number is 492364. Date stamp is May 19 1967.

Check out the pictures and feel free to ask questions.

Asking $200 plus shipping. Open to reasonable offers.

Acrolite 1.JPG Acrolite 2.JPG Acrolite 3.JPG Acrolite 4.JPG Acrolite 5.JPG Acrolite 6.JPG

Last edited:

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
$200 is a great deal for a Keystone Acrolite!
Sure is, I paid $275 last year for a 1968 that would have been mint except the original owner etched his name and drivers license number on the shell (smdh). Luckily it is very small and can't be seen except up close. Great sounding drum.

moosryan

Reaction score
Man if I didn't already have one of these...great price for what's possibly the only snare drum you ever need!

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Anyone on the fence about grabbing this needs to step up. This is a drum that costs about as much as a nice dinner with your girl/boy that you'll have for the rest of your life - nice specimen too!

damespointkid

Reaction score
I believe there was a write up on the ‘67 and ‘68 acrolites. Ludwig supposedly changed their formulas for these years and evidently they have become “go to” drums for engineers.
I thought I saw this article in reverb some years ago. Can any die hard Ludwig fans validate?

either way. Great drum.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I believe there was a write up on the ‘67 and ‘68 acrolites. Ludwig supposedly changed their formulas for these years and evidently they have become “go to” drums for engineers.
I thought I saw this article in reverb some years ago. Can any die hard Ludwig fans validate?

either way. Great drum.

Yep, here is the quote:

"The Ludwig Acrolite shell made between 1966 and 1968. These are different for a reason told to me by Wm Ludwig Jr. He was right. They are the best."

from here:

https://reverb.com/news/reverb-interview-bill-cardwell-of-c-and-c-custom-drums