SOLD - Ludwig 3-ply 22, 12, 13, 16 player's set, Maple Cortex

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a 3-ply Ludwig set that's ready to play and sounds fantastic. Sizes are 14x22, 8x12, 9x13, and 16x16. Tom batters are Emperors and Vintage Emperors, while the bass drum batter is a single ply Evans Emad. All of the drums sound great. Interiors are clear maple in the bass drum and floor tom, while the two mounted toms are Granitone inside. The 12" tom has a little snare rash on it, and one bass drum hoop has a slight crack in it (pictured) that hasn't affected tuning or playing as far as I can tell. The 13" tom has an Atlas Mount on the other side of drum so it can be mounted in a one up position with the badge facing the audience. The Floor tom has Pearl Iso feet and sounds wonderful. I bought the FT as an orphan to add to the set. It is a slightly lighter shade of Maple Cortex than the other drums but it still looks nice with the set. The internal mic shown in the bass drum will be removed prior to sale and is not included. I've been playing this set every few gigs for the past few years and it's great for outdoor stages. It looks nice from a short distance as you can see from the pictures, but it has had a life so there are some scuffs, pitting, oxidation (rust), etc., that you can see up close.

Price is $875.00 plus shipping.

I could meet somebody within the Asheville/Hickory area of Western NC if you want to save shipping costs. Shipping by the way is super high right now. I spoke to my shipping store and I about passed out when she quoted me shipping a 30" cube across the USA. My zip code is 28752 if you want to get ballpark ideas, but if you're far away from NC then it'll be a whopper.

9E8F9360-FBE7-4DCD-BB5B-8FE7F0D96818.jpeg
9E8F9360-FBE7-4DCD-BB5B-8FE7F0D96818.jpeg
E8A120DE-6807-45E7-9B02-80E34C07AF03.jpeg
94D79701-841B-4692-94AF-ED3A5BD0C44F.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I would now be open to some reasonable offers, but since I'm selling to help fund a Jeep down payment I wouldn't be interested in a trade.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Great kit here. Could be all a drummer ever needed. Desirable 3 ply shells and a very durable wrap. Maple cortex actually looks a lot cooler in person. Good luck with the sale Gary. Very nice deal here!

Mike

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Great kit here. Could be all a drummer ever needed. Desirable 3 ply shells and a very durable wrap. Maple cortex actually looks a lot cooler in person. Good luck with the sale Gary. Very nice deal here!

Mike

Thanks for that, Mike! I just now sold it locally, but I'll have a few more items posted in the next days so y'all stay tuned!

Latest posts