SOLD! Ludwig 5.5 Jazz Festival Re-Issue Black Oyster Pearl

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is literally as mint as mint can be, I purchased this Ludwig Jazz Festival Re-Issue when the came out in late 2019. I checked it out a bit, tapped it, tuned it a little, lightly tapped a little more with a 5B wood tip stick and that's it. I put it in a case and it's been there since now, when I just took pics of it. This is officially: Vintage Black Oyster LS9081Q: 5.5x14 Jazz Fest Vintage Black Oyster Snare Drum. It features a 3-ply Legacy Mahogany shell, vintage ‘64 snare bed, 8 twin lugs, 3-step baseball bat tone-control and a white “Reso-Coat” interior. It's a beautiful drum that sadly, I will most likely never use. I'm offering it up here before I list it elsewhere. I'm offering the shipped price, because I think that makes it easier on everyone, no surprises with shipping costs. This will probably cost me around $40.00 or more to ship based on other snares that I've shipped via FedEx. $680.00 total shipped to the Cont. US. Payment via Paypal. PM for payment info.

IMG_7035.jpg
IMG_7043.jpg
IMG_7044.jpg
IMG_7045.jpg
IMG_7046.jpg
IMG_7047.jpg
IMG_7050.jpg

westjosh

Reaction score
Just a heads up - I'd remove those pure sound cords if I were you on the snares. I've read where there is actual metal wire at the core of those and they can dig into snare beds especially on softwoods. Just my .02

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a heads up - I'd remove those pure sound cords if I were you on the snares. I've read where there is actual metal wire at the core of those and they can dig into snare beds especially on softwoods. Just my .02
I’m pretty sure that’s the new color of OEM Ludwig snare cord and it’s nylon.

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are the Ludwig cords that came on the snare.

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I'm gonna let this go at a deal for DFO members. $600 shipped in the Cont. US. Message me for PP info.