SOLD Ludwig 6.5x14 circa 79 Black Beauty really nice SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am selling my trusty 1979 Ludwig Black Beauty. This one is in really nice shape and comes with a recent Atlas case. The original reso head popped during shipping but has been replaced with a new Ludwig resonant head. The 6.5x14 black beauty 70s reissue is the standard for recording and all around use for decades and this is one of the nicest you will find. Asking $2250 or best offer shipped to the Lower 48. Sorry no trades, have a great Holiday and be safe.
30961B0D-E951-4796-B695-8FCFDB6C1DAF.jpeg
8445F30F-6D9F-46B2-BE02-21CD5D856AB7.jpeg
B3C1C6BC-4C7F-4645-95FE-1BEB0BDE9449.jpeg
97259025-8D92-42CE-ABCC-3CE556AC2F64.jpeg
45DECC41-E858-4DFE-AE2F-3EF453AC0273.jpeg
74C995DD-919C-4C42-8347-7FB92FC9C773.jpeg
5C97D31B-0BEC-44D1-8BEE-2D1A45BEA9B2.jpeg
BD622B3C-DF0C-4E30-A27E-E61BB07E0917.jpeg

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Scott,

I have lusted after your drum for years.GLWS I have seen this drum in person and it’s a beauty

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
During this time of need, I’m really surprised. Someone has to be a serious collector or top-notch studio owner or producer.
Dale, I’ve dreamed about owning this exact drum for over 3 decades. Didn’t think I’d get a chance. I dipped into the new furniture account to get it and will be selling my Oaklawn Camco set (hopefully) to recoup the funds. I’m not a collector and work B and C level studios in SoCal.

Reactions: JDA
D

Drummer1990

You seriously have no clue what you’re talking about, Phil. Best to not comment if you can’t find anything positive to say.
Positive you say. Okay heres positive for you.

I challenge your bronze paperweight to a studio shootout. Get your hands on a Reference brass 14x6.5 and put them through a shootout with same tuning,heads an wires and I guarantee you my $1300 snare beats yours ridiculous priced snare anyday of week. After all the Reference brass was based off the USA Bell Brass design theory and nothing can beat that drum if you try.

rculberson

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Look kid, I don’t mind if you trash me via PM or IG messenger, but trashing me in front of people I’ve been friends with online and in person (across multiple forums) since you were in junior high school is unacceptable.

You know, I’ve been nothing but nice to you. Even PM’d people explaining your situation, trying to defend you and your ridiculous statements, yet you repeatedly blast me for purchases that are, quite frankly, beyond your comprehension. I refuse to participate anymore.

Good luck with your Pearl whatever snare drum that you just messaged me about not being able to make sound good. Thank God for the ignore function on this forum. Laterz...

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Positive you say. Okay heres positive for you.

I challenge your bronze paperweight to a studio shootout. Get your hands on a Reference brass 14x6.5 and put them through a shootout with same tuning,heads an wires and I guarantee you my $1300 snare beats yours ridiculous priced snare anyday of week. After all the Reference brass was based off the USA Bell Brass design theory and nothing can beat that drum if you try.
Buy what you like, play what you like. But don’t bash others for their choices.

That happens to be one of the most coveted snares around, and many of us would pay that for it if we had the funds.

D

Drummer1990

Buy what you like, play what you like. But don’t bash others for their choices.

That happens to be one of the most coveted snares around, and many of us would pay that for it if we had the funds.
No Ptrick I am so sick of hearing drummers say the black beauty is king of all Snares and can't be beat or matched! Its time someone proved that is false. I used to want a black beauty so badly that I became a victim of the bs claims. The Reference Brass pisses all over the black beauty and is clearly a more superior drum

Someone want to prove me wrong go for it. The next drummer I hear say Black beauty is king an doesn't have substantial proof to back up I'm gonna knock them out.

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Easy there, Mayweather. It’s all personal preference. You are fully entitled to your opinion, as are others. What drum you prefer is SUBJECTIVE. Better is what your own ears hear, or what the music requires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts