SOLD Ludwig 6.5x14 hammered bronze Supra w/case $500 (drop)

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
These rarely come up for sale for good reason. However, I'm pushing 72 and this snare drum has been unused for at least two years. Time to let it go. In excellent condition. Even the heads have a lot of life in them. The batter has zero indentations that come from bad technique. In fact, most of it's life was spent under brushes, but it sounds amazing with sticks too. If you like metal snare drums but wanted one that sounded wood-like this is it. Its dynamic range is wide as is its tuning range.

Comes with the case shown in the photos. I have taken photos of every possible angle to show the condition. I've included a photo of the badge that provides the serial number - 3416916 - and it was made in Monroe, NC. I think I purchased it (brand new) sometime in 2005. I cannot remember exactly when.

I will deliver this snare drum anywhere up the I-95 corridor between Daytona Beach and the Walterboro, SC exit. And, of course, anywhere within 150 miles of Deltona, FL after Paypal payment clears. Shipping to be negotiated and probably in the $50 range due to cost of materials and shipping itself. I prefer not to ship if I can avoid it.

Paypal only please. Please carefully examine the photos. I visually inspected the drum and case and did not find any issues, but as I said above I am getting up there in years and may have missed something.

hbs-1.jpg
hbs-2.jpg hbs-3.jpg hbs-4.jpg hbs-5.jpg hbs-6.jpg hbs-7.jpg hbs-8.jpg hbs-9.jpg hbs-10.jpg

Last edited:

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As an owner of one I can testify that they sound as good as they look! I'm thinking this should move pretty quick... GLWS!!!

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Oh man, this is lovely! Pllease PM me if you are interested in trades......
Thanks. Shipping has become so crazy that trades or selling outside my immediate area has become difficult. There is a member here that wanted me to ship to California (near Monterey) and the shipping cost was $70! I nearly fainted. I have no idea as to why shipping costs have so steeply increased. I would have guessed $50 would have been in the ballpark. Perhaps the pandemic is a factor and the increase is short term.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Weekend bump. I can leave this up for another ten days, but after that I will not be making the trek north for a few months. I will still travel to within 150 miles of Deltona, FL after that to deliver it though.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

Reaction score
Weekend bump. I can leave this up for another ten days, but after that I will not be making the trek north for a few months. I will still travel to within $150 miles of Deltona, FL after that to deliver it though.
$150 miles? Haha!

tim

Reaction score
Bump for a killer snare! I have had mine since 94 and it constantly blows me away. The sound will fit into just about any musical style.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Extra option: I will include a pair of stick chopper (a la Buddy Rich) COB hoops for an additional $50 if the buyer wants that option to augment the stock triple flange chrome over steel hoops. If a buyer wants the snare drum as described in the original post without the extra set of hoops, I can let the set go for $100 plus actual shipping. 10 hole stick choppers are relatively hard to find compared to 8 hole configurations.

Pictures:
Showing the top stick chopper already on the drum to illustrate the actual hoop on the actual drum.
schopper1.jpg

Bottom (snare side) hoop.
schopper2.jpg

Close up of the snare gate.
schopper3.jpg

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I just noticed that the tension rods on the snare drum are not original. I had been swapping hoops on the drum over the years (SF with clips, DF, etc.) and did not notice until I was taking the stick chopper batter side off this morning. As such I am dropping the price by $50, which should more than cover a set of Ludwig OEM tension rods if a new buyer goes that route.

glynch

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's a great price. You're killing me here. Lol! I've been wanting one of these for a long time but I just don't think I can swing it right now. Unfortunately I'm still on furlough due to the pandemic. I've been trying to think of stuff I could sell to generate the funds. :)