SOLD: Ludwig B-Stock COB 6.5x14

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Chrome over Brass Ludwig B-Stock. Couple of minor scratches. Ludwig heads top and bottom and Puresound wires. Only issue is a little oversized or out of round maybe. Just enough that Aquarian heads don't fit well which is my preference. New these are around $500. Basically a black beauty but in a more durable chrome. Looking for $300 plus shipping. Sounds great just got snares covered.

Attachments

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
What makes you think this is B stock? Typically B stock has a cut B/O badge(unless something has changed). Just curious and this drum looks awesome.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
What makes you think this is B stock? Typically B stock has a cut B/O badge(unless something has changed). Just curious and this drum looks awesome.
The 6.5's at least that I've seen online have a full badge, I thought the cut badge was only on 5" I could be wrong though. I got this drum in a trade so don't know the history.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What makes you think this is B stock? Typically B stock has a cut B/O badge(unless something has changed).
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this. I was under the impression that all "factory" B-stock snares had a cut badge, regardless of the size (this for manufacturing control, warranty exemptions, etc.).
Maybe it rolled out of the factory as normal sales stock, but got played/demo'ed/scratched on the floor of the store and they sold it as something they called "B-Stock" hence the intact badge???

EDIT: Also, does it have a serial number on the badge? If it does, then I would argue the "B-stock" was certainly designated by the store rather than the factory.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this. I was under the impression that all "factory" B-stock snares had a cut badge, regardless of the size (this for manufacturing control, warranty exemptions, etc.).
Maybe it rolled out of the factory as normal sales stock, but got played/demo'ed/scratched on the floor of the store and they sold it as something they called "B-Stock" hence the intact badge???

EDIT: Also, does it have a serial number on the badge? If it does, then I would argue the "B-stock" was certainly designated by the store rather than the factory.
No Serial. Here's one listed on reverb with a full badge.... I had been looking at black beauty B-stocks prior to this and they all had full badge on the 6.5's It's Ludwig though so who knows

https://reverb.com/item/21414240-ludwig-lb402b-6-5x14-chrome-over-brass-snare-drum-b-stock-3330

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
^ I agree... This was a killer deal.

Interesting that full badges on the drums, I'm sure that helps retailers out. The B-stock snares I've seen in person have such minor cosmetic imperfection that I had to really give the once over to identify the issue.
I've always thought B-stocks can be a great bargain. Years ago I bought a high end A/V receiver for about half the retail price from B&K (back when they were "the" big dogs on the block) .

Latest posts