SOLD! Ludwig Classic Maple 2020 Sable Black 20x12, 12x8, 14x13 Roundovers!

codydee12

Reaction score
20x12 kick
14x13 floor tom
12x8 high tom

All roundover edges - See below about some options to hear it! I have included sound files and pointed you towards some pro recordings.

Includes a brand new 20x12 Ahead Armor Kick Case!

Atlas pro floor tom leg mounts with pearl reso feet. Will include the original feet as well.

Beautiful kit! The only one of its kind. I custom ordered it from Ludwig last year.

Zero issues. Never been taken out of the studio. Bought the cases and the drums at the start of covid. They took a few months to get built so by the time I got them, they were never taken out.

The ONLY spot on the entire kit is where the pedal connects to the bass drum hoop. I have taken two pictures too and bottom to show how minor this marking is

I did not get a tom mount because I knew if I changed my mind later and wanted one I could get the atlas pro that doubles as the lug. Just throwing that out as an option if someone interested prefers to hang the high tom vs. setting it in a snare stand

Check out Carter McLean’s snare demo video for the 18” little brother kick version but the exact floor tom with round overs. If you have never played roundover edges, you are in for a treat. They tune super easily and they really make a difference in feel.

As pristine as they come. Please let me know if you have any questions.

$1,950 Shipped For DFO'ers!

zqlch8esibe3ebnkv31h.jpg

udhhmga2xrhh94obu8xs.jpg

vywx3i7qbgwqzn112vuv.jpg

evpn8pkviwh2tdeaspc6.jpg

cm70xaxqw4aioqn57u3m.jpg

oxqjlxksgu02l0noljfr.jpg

vcaxo1ujy4ioemfdqluz.jpg

nnsw2ngye3tqe10poqo0.jpg

ixgbeqj6ftjqx1z5jcei.jpg

Last edited:

codydee12

Reaction score
I figured I would go ahead and share these for anyone who is just curious about the Classic Maples as well. Not the greatest player here and not using the nicest gear but hopefully it gives you a good idea of the Ludwig.

Here are two takes on the Ludwig. Both are random takes spliced together. The first was me intentionally trying to highlight the Ludwig. The second was after I got a new 60s round badge snare and was just alerting the tuning. Both recordings are pretty sporadic in cuts but give you the feel for the kit. Last thing to note, the 60s recording also has a low 16” wfl floor tom. It’s stands out as the low tubby thump so I am sure you will be able to decipher the classic maple from the wfl floor tom.

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zp2ihmrig1mwuk/20, 12, 14 Black Sable Classic Maple Ludwig.wav?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/68otrxbynesgur2/GRETSCH 60S ROUNDBAGE ALUMINUM.wav?dl=0

codydee12

Reaction score
Happy Monday! Price drop to start the week! I ship same day bought before 5PM EST weekdays.

codydee12

Reaction score
Who wants a new luddy this weekend? Price drop! Let me know if you have any questions.

Josh Vibert

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous and sound amazing! I don’t suppose you’d have any interest in trading for a DW collectors kit 10/12/14/16/22 in Broken Glass with Protection Racket cases

codydee12

Reaction score
Those are gorgeous and sound amazing! I don’t suppose you’d have any interest in trading for a DW collectors kit 10/12/14/16/22 in Broken Glass with Protection Racket cases
Thanks so much for the offer but I am not looking to trade the kit. Just selling. I am sure your DW’s are a great sounding kit as well!

pedro navahas

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the deal of the summer!
In all seriousness if this kit didn’t have the modern spurs and floor tom leg mounts I would buy it.
Not a slam at you or Ludwig, just not my thing. Beautiful drums

codydee12

Reaction score
This is the deal of the summer!
In all seriousness if this kit didn’t have the modern spurs and floor tom leg mounts I would buy it.
Not a slam at you or Ludwig, just not my thing. Beautiful drums
You don’t bother me! To each his own. My thing against old drums is the Spurs and floor tom leg connectors. Pretty funny how we all form our own preferences.