SOLD Ludwig Downbeat Sept 25, 1965 WMP 20/12/14

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
For sale is a factory original Keystone White Marine Pearl Downbeat. All shells are red date stamped September 25, 1965, 3 ply with re-rings, and a combination of Mahogany, Poplar, and Maple. The set was purchased in SLC in the 60s and I am the second owner. It’s so original that the majority of the heads are the factory Weather Master. Two are vintage Remo and in excellent condition. Reso BD head has been painted. The chrome, overall, appears very clean throughout. In fact, most is in exceptional condition. All hardware pieces (mufflers, tension rods, cymbal stand, etc.) are factory original and operate smoothly. Batter bass hoop has pedal rash and a small crack starting. WMP wrap seams are tight. Some typical yellowing exists, most present on the FT, however the wrap is still quite bright and beautiful. Wrap wear is minor to nonexistent. The shells have been measured and are in round with clean bearing edges. No extra holes or modifications. As you can see from the pictures this set looks quite clean yet the next owner may wish to polish, wax, etc. to bring out its full potential. In summary, this Downbeat is in excellent vintage condition.

Sold

CONUS ONLY or local p/u. No trades. Will consider fair market offers. PayPal/Venmo. Thanks for looking/commenting.

1567652866775.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What a beautiful drum set there. I can just hear it, tuned a little high for those jazz standards!..And that price is exceptional. I can imagine what DW would charge for a new kit these days...good luck, should sell quickly.

Tracktuary

Reaction score
I own the below snare (1964). Does that mean I need to buy this?!

Latest posts