SOLD - Ludwig super classic snare wires w/vintage box. 14 3/8'' for 14'' drum using p-87 throw & p-32 butt. super clean.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
title says it all. if you are looking for these then you know how hard they are to find. vintage wires, not puresound re-issues. clean and straight. included box has useful information on wire sizes for different snares. $75 paypal (we can discuss details) shipped anywhere in the lower 48. i pack good and ship quick - ask around. pm for best results. thanks for looking.

P1010005.JPG

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
DFO's new, smaller, image size doesn't let us see the info next to the red X. Can you tell us what it says?

-Mark

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
glad to help. it says

14 3/8'' for 14'' dia., new Classic short, thin, 18 strand......................................

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi p83! So, I guess it just says what your title says! My apologies for making you repeat this!

I have a 1961 Super Classic snare drum with the original wires. They're a bit tweaked when not under tension, but easily straighten out when tensioned. I also have a NOS set of the Puresound wires, PLS-1416, still in the package.

-Mark

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Puresound no longer makes the replacement wires for these either.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Puresound no longer makes the replacement wires for these either.
Yes, definitely incredibly hard wires to find, whether Ludwig or Puresound, if you need replacements for the Super Classic! I know this has been discussed here and over at VDF, with many members finding ways to customize wires to fit. Honestly, I don't recall seeing a set of Ludwig wires, so if someone needs these, they should buy them. Pricey? Yes, but given the rarity, a fair price!

-Mark

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I'm down to one Super Classic snare right now ( I think..) , my Trans Badge Starlight Sparkle. Believe me...I immediately went to check to make sure it had proper wires on it when I saw this. It has the earlier amber tip model wires though. The last time I needed a set of these, a few years ago, it took me about a year to find any.

Latest posts