SOLD: MAPEX SATURN - 8 PIECE WITH HW & EXTRAS

Hemant

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
$1200 -- Stunning 8 piece Mapex Saturn Electric Purple/Berry Burst Sparkle Lacquer drum set. Excellent – 9.5/10 with unplayed original clear Remo Emperor heads. Shell bank set. 22 x 18, 10 x 8, 12 x 9, 13 x 10, 14 x 14, 15 x 14, 16 x 16 (yes 3 floor toms) and 14 x 5.5 snare. One owner (me) and I meticulously maintain my gear. When I purchased the kit I removed all the stock heads, stored them and replaced them with coated emperors. I have taken all the used heads off and remounted all the original clear emperor heads with Mapex logos, and the Powerstroke 3 bass head. The snare has a new unplayed Evans G2. Outside of a light bit of pedal rash on the bass hoop, and one small scuff on the underside of the rim on the 14” floor tom (pictured) which I noticed when I was mounting the original unplayed head – I did not see a scratch, ding, crack, flake or pit anywhere. It really looks NAMM display perfect. The maple/walnut hybrid shells are fat, warm and punchy. The lacquer finish is stunning and really pops under stage lights. These are Mapex’s flagship professional line.

I am throwing in all the pictured hardware as well – a heavy duty Mapex TD960A combination tom/cymbal stand, a Mapex Janus HH stand with case, Gibraltar snare stand and a Pearl Eliminator double pedal with extra cams. If you want to stand or rack mount the toms – you can take the tom mount off the bass drums and replace the lugs with the 4 included. All Mapex Saturn Bass drums are not drilled and the tom mount bracket can be taken off if you want to fly the toms on a rack or stands. I will even throw in a new Mapex t-shirt!

Pick-up or free delivery at a public spot within a 2 hour radius of the DC/Baltimore area. If you choose the latter option – I will request 50% pre-payment in advance. I am sorry, I have been burned by a long drive and a no-show in the past. I will ship CONUS 48 for actual shipping costs & full insurance with your company of choice. I will disassemble, wrap & nest. I figure it will take at least 3 boxes.

Attachments

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Tell you what, I'd consider that kit. Beautiful. Unfortunately I'm tapped out! GLWS. BUT, if I had the funds and the space, I'd be PM'ing you. Like I said, Beauty!

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Beautiful drums. I still consider these one of the best kits ever made.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
Man, where’s that next stimulus check when you need it?!?? That is a gorgeous kit, and great sizes.

Latest posts