SOLD Mapex Saturn

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Nice drums. That edition of Saturn Pro seems a little different than my Saturns. Hard to tell from the pics, but the inner ply does not seem to be walnut. Are those the shells with the walnut sandwiched between the maple?

El Larry

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Those should be Walnut/Maple. I read some info that the gold or silver badge with block lettering was walnut/maple. The badges with the lighter script Saturn Pro Series were maple/basswood.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's a smoking good deal. Don't be scared of these drums people; they sound amazing. If shipping wasn't so killer I would pick them up just because.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
Omg, CRAZY crazy good deal! They look like they’ve been babied too. I for one love that finish, looks sweet. These walnut/maple Saturns sound as good as drums twice and three times the price, fo real. The level of fit, finish, and build is second to none, literally. Some lucky dog is taking these home and falling in love with them.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Mapex had to do something about the original Saturn Pro. They were originally second in the Mapex lineup and were very mediocre drums. I bought a set when they were first offered for sale here, and ended up keeping them for only a few months. I worked in a music store at the time, so I was able to try a number of different heads to try to instill some life into them, all to no avail. They sounded very midrange heavy - just bland.

Mapex wasted no time in fixing the problems, though. From the maple/walnut kits and forward, the Saturn line has been exemplary and worth the money. And the buying public reacted by making the Saturn line one of the best-selling of all of their offerings.

GeeDeeEmm