SOLD - Mint Pearl CMHI-1455S Red-Black Fade 5.5x14 African Mahogany Carbon Fiber Ply Snare Drum Fat Tone Hoops!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
This is a 14x5.5 Pearl Carbon-Ply Composite snare drum. It has a African Mahogany shell that is sandwiched between two layers of carbon fiber! This drum is in MINT condition, gently played. Here is a list of the details.

1) 6-ply African Mahogany Shell, with an inner and outer ply of carbon fiber
2) Chrome Hardware
3) Pearl SR-017 Strainer
4) Quality Pearl Fat Tone Hoops!
5) Premium Pearl S-022N Snare Wires, Professionally Re-Installed with 5/8" Grosgrain!
6) Quality, New Drumheads
7) Pearl Stainless Steel tension rods ($100 value by itself!)

cmhi1455c1small.jpg cmhi1455c2small.jpg cmhi1455c3small.jpg cmhi1455cairventsmall.jpg cmhi1455cbadgesmall.jpg cmhi1455cbuttsmall.jpg cmhi1455ccarbonfibersmall.jpg cmhi1455csnarewiressmall.jpg cmhi1455cthrowoffsmall.jpg

SPECIAL DFO PRICING $319 + actual shipping via UPS or USPS

**NO PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY HERE! I SEND DETAILED PAYPAL INVOICES, AND PAY THE PAYPAL FEES!

Due to changes in eBay's commerce policies, I decided to move all of my drum-related sales to Reverb. If you see anything you like on there, please feel free to e-mail me at mflacche@gmail.com. I can give you a little break on price, AND get you a better shipping quote. My shipping prices on Reverb are high, because they don't use a real shipping calculator, based on the locations of potential buyers. If you send me your ZIP code, I can get you a better price on shipping. I am not a dealer. I just take really nice care of my drum gear, and have a little too much of it right now (only so much space).

Here is a link to my Reverb listings. https://reverb.com/shop/flacche-percussion

Last edited:

BlueSmoke

Reaction score
There came w/ 2.3 SuperHoops from the factory, and the stainless tension rods. They did not come with tube lugs.

This was one of the Pearl "Snare of the Month" drums some time ago. A Masterworks drum w/o the price tag.

I own this drum, have never quite got the sound I was looking for out of it.

GLWS.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
There came w/ 2.3 SuperHoops from the factory, and the stainless tension rods. They did not come with tube lugs.

This was one of the Pearl "Snare of the Month" drums some time ago. A Masterworks drum w/o the price tag.

I own this drum, have never quite got the sound I was looking for out of it.

GLWS.
The Fat Tone hoops really open up the sound of this drum. Mahogany, with the low-mass hardware really works well together.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Bump... price drop! This is a great deal for an African Mahogany/Carbon Fiber snare drum!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Great snare and collector's item!
I also feel like the hardware upgrades are tasteful too. The drum originally came with Super Hoops and CL bridge lugs. The Pearl Classic TB tube lugs really show off the shell, while the Fat Tone hoops open up the sound of the drum.

Reaction score
I also feel like the hardware upgrades are tasteful too. The drum originally came with Super Hoops and CL bridge lugs. The Pearl Classic TB tube lugs really show off the shell, while the Fat Tone hoops open up the sound of the drum.
Agreed on tube lugs!
Open sound can be "closed", but the other way round, is more difficult!

Reaction score
Agreed. If you have any friends who might be interested, will you share this thread with them?
Sure will, but please, bear in mind that it might be best for you NOT selling it.
These hybrids, are the testament of drum manufacturers trying to get around space age materials!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Sure will, but please, bear in mind that it might be best for you NOT selling it.
It's a wonderful instrument, but I have over 60 snare drums in my collection, and a limited space to keep them in. It will be my loss when someone is fortunate enough to snatch the drum up!

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
Bump! Chances of finding another one of these, in this kind of condition, with quality Pearl upgrades, are running out.