SOLD: Most Expensive Trans Stamp Ever

deepsoulradio

Reaction score
I still remember the day. Took a road trip with the wife and kids up to Humboldt to visit some friends, some trees, and do the thing. The rain was light, quite nice actually, and we were about to hike into some old growth redwoods. But before heading in, I was sure to place my bid.

No chance was someone else going to go as high as me; my price was nice and safe. Granted, a nice 22” Trans Stamp could bring some money; especially a perfectly thin one at 2225g, that was in great condition, that had a gorgeous, dark chocolate patina, that had a well-worn playing area, and that had the sound you only hope for in a TS.

The hike was wonderful. Good times. When we got back to the car, I was sure the price had cleared a grand. $1200? Maybe. $1400? Not impossible. When the final verdict came in, it was rather shocking: $1700! Is that the world record? As far as I know!

Now, I’m not going to ask that much money for this. But I don’t want to give this away either. DFO price: $1200. Here are the sights and sounds:

TS 1.jpg

TS 2.jpg

TS 3.jpg
TS 4.jpg

Last edited:

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm just beginning to learn about the different stamps, era's, weights, and values.
I was never sure, and to be honest, ask if rivet holes would reduce the values. It appears not
I have basically the same cymbal, except the hole isn't quite as round, and the weight I got was 2885, although I'll check that again.
If you don't mind me asking, is the 2225 gram weight about as low as they get?
I'm not going to put mine up for sale until I learn as much as possible, hence the ?'s.
I just found my sleeves, so I can mount, and make a sound file.
Good luck! I hope you get what you're asking!

owr

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
2225 is pretty low, but I think I have seen them in the 2100 g range? IMO with these you can get too thin, this one is just about perfect at this weight with that dryness. Your 2885 is a beautiful cymbal I'm sure but not in the same category $ wise as the thin ones. Once you start getting below 2300 g people start really paying attention, not a lot of thin ones out there.

GLWS DSR!

I'm just beginning to learn about the different stamps, era's, weights, and values.
I was never sure, and to be honest, ask if rivet holes would reduce the values. It appears not
I have basically the same cymbal, except the hole isn't quite as round, and the weight I got was 2885, although I'll check that again.
If you don't mind me asking, is the 2225 gram weight about as low as they get?
I'm not going to put mine up for sale until I learn as much as possible, hence the ?'s.
I just found my sleeves, so I can mount, and make a sound file.
Good luck! I hope you get what you're asking!

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That was a type o on my part, if I wrote 2800+
I weighed once on a plastic blowl, and got 2485. I don't weigh cymbals too often, and not in grams (although I know a couple people )
Anyway, thanks for the info. I don't want to hijack any elses sale thread, but I'm sure I'll be posting in the future, and double check the weight

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In 2020 I recall following a pair of trans stamp rides on Ebay. A fairly light 23" with a pedigree to a fairly well known 50's jazz drummer brought pretty close to $1000 all in.
Then a 26" I'm pretty sure went considerably over the $1000 mark.....might have been in that $1200-$1400 range.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324618536434?nma=true&si=MmCt%2BiXGPE1c83tJuF5nyG8y2Ao%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There's a 20 inch trans stamp that just sold on Ebay for over $400.....because it was listed as 1700 gm. And it was weighed on a bathroom scale. What are the odds the buyer gets a 2000-2200 gm cymbal instead?
I predict a rapid return of this cymbal for "not being as described." But a good marker to what some people think an approx 1700 gm trans stamp is really worth.

Last edited:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I know of a 30" that recently sold for 2K. I sold a 26" trans in the 1200.00 range. I had a thin 24" Avedis that sold for 1K a few years back.

Mike