SOLD! OG Dream Bliss 20" from FrontRangeBronze $160+ship

saturnresearch

Reaction score
Here's a jewel of a jazz ride from the early days when the choicest Dream cymbals were being selected and distributed by Front Range Bronze.... Dream was a nascent company at the time and these earlier generation cymbals have a lushness and douceur to them that is hard to come by even in their modern 'Vintage Bliss' imitations.

This sits at a nice 1855g and balances a sweet and pointed stick click with an extremely dark dragon's breath (seriously, it's even lower in pitch than most 22s I've owned) -- though, somewhat contrary to expectation, the wash isn't too trashy at all, more of a clean baritone compared with other blisses. Definitely a 'sweeter' specimen.

I hope the light can tease out a hint of this cymbal's byzantine hammering pattern. There are aggressive deep hammer marks on the bow and edge while a slightly smaller instrument seems to have been deployed around the bell (you can see the different imprint). A thin veil of organic patina coats the pie, with a few more concentrated splotches, and some stick marks speckle the top from years of loving wear. The edges are perfect except for a very gentle ding by the chinese logo -- though it is too slight to even capture with my phone camera. It may have come with the cymbal when it was originally made. Just wanted to be transparent.

This would make an amazing main jazz ride for combo and can hold up to larger ensembles too. And it steals the show as a large dark crash. Wouldn't be selling if I weren't determined to keep around only so many cymbals as can reasonably fit into one cymbal backpack. Its age and pedigree make it more of a rarity than a run of the mill bliss, but I want to be fair with the used market price for Dreams -- so I reckon $160 and ship is a great deal for a unique and gorgeous instrument.

1636911102707.png

1636911123296.png

1636911138292.png

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Here's a jewel of a jazz ride from the early days when the choicest Dream cymbals were being selected and distributed by Front Range Bronze.... Dream was a nascent company at the time and these earlier generation cymbals have a lushness and douceur to them that is hard to come by even in their modern 'Vintage Bliss' imitations.

This sits at a nice 1855g and balances a sweet and pointed stick click with an extremely dark dragon's breath (seriously, it's even lower in pitch than most 22s I've owned) -- though, somewhat contrary to expectation, the wash isn't too trashy at all, more of a clean baritone compared with other blisses. Definitely a 'sweeter' specimen.

I hope the light can tease out a hint of this cymbal's byzantine hammering pattern. There are aggressive deep hammer marks on the bow and edge while a slightly smaller instrument seems to have been deployed around the bell (you can see the different imprint). A thin veil of organic patina coats the pie, with a few more concentrated splotches, and some stick marks speckle the top from years of loving wear. The edges are perfect except for a very gentle ding by the chinese logo -- though it is too slight to even capture with my phone camera. It may have come with the cymbal when it was originally made. Just wanted to be transparent.

This would make an amazing main jazz ride for combo and can hold up to larger ensembles too. And it steals the show as a large dark crash. Wouldn't be selling if I weren't determined to keep around only so many cymbals as can reasonably fit into one cymbal backpack. Its age and pedigree make it more of a rarity than a run of the mill bliss, but I want to be fair with the used market price for Dreams -- so I reckon $160 and ship is a great deal for a unique and gorgeous instrument.

View attachment 528043

View attachment 528044

View attachment 528045
I own 22 and 18 crash/rides from that vintage, as well as 14" hats. I much prefer those over the newer ones (of which I have a few too.) Whoever snags it is going to be happy. Especially at that weight.