SOLD!!! - Pearl Reference Pure Music City Custom - 10/12/14/16/22 - White Marine Pearl

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This one hurts, but I have to sell my nearly new Pearl Reference Pure Music City Custom kit. This kit is truly flawless. No scratches. No knicks. Not even fingerprints. The born on date of these drums is March 1, 2019 so that makes them... a little over 7 months old. Never gigged, never even left my basement. They have brand new original heads (USA Remos - Emperors over Ambassadors). I'm an Evans guy so I swapped heads as soon as they arrived. The finish is just beautiful. I didn't think I would love a white drum set so much, but the WMP wrap with the chunky tube lugs and little brass inserts just oozes class.

If you don't know what a Reference Pure kit is, go here: https://pearldrum.com/products/kits/drumsets/reference-pure/#features
Lots of little touches and specific choices were made when developing this line of drums. The only other kits that have this level of detail in them are Pearl's Masterworks kits. The Music City Custom version of this kit is the same as the normal Rerefence Pure, but they are assembled in Nashville, TN and Pearl uses Delmar wrap finishes on the shells.

Only the 5 drums in the first image are for sale. Any cymbals, additional drums, hardware, tom mounts, pedals, etc. seen in the images are for illustrative purposes and are not for sale. I am located in Chicago if anyone wants to do a pick up. I can not do trades on this.

Sizes are: 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18. Despite the 18" depth on the bass drum, I have NEVER heard a better sounding bass drum than this one. Bar none. The African Mahogany boosts that low end, rounds out the high frequencies and thumps with serious sub-bass frequencies.

Pearl RFP MMC-1.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-2.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-3.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-4.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-6.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-7.jpg

Pearl RFP MMC-8.jpg

Last edited:

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the bump, Michael! I had to take the kit down and put it in cases just so I could get used to the feeling of them being gone. About the only positive for me selling this kit is that I get to set my Saturns back up. But it's just not the same.

KirkDS

Reaction score
Hi Tommy - SUPER interested. I assume these beauties are long gone...

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Tommy - SUPER interested. I assume these beauties are long gone...
Nope, I still have them. Haven't really been pushing the sale because I have been real busy during the holidays. They have been sitting in bags since I posted this.

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These babys are SOLD! Very sad to see them go, but much happier that they are going to a good home. Kirk, it was great meeting you and your wife. I hope these drums really impress your bandmates, the sound engineers and especially the crowd.

KirkDS

Reaction score
Thanks Tommy! It was awesome to meet you and get to experience your drum workshop / museum / practice facility! These Pearl drums look like you took them out of the original boxes, decided they needed to be cleaned, then spent a week polishing them. Unreal. I can't wait to get my new rack, cymbals, hardware, electronics, etc. together and start using them. Truthfully, they're too beautiful...they should never leave the house. So glad to have found this forum by accident as well. Looking forward to pestering you about all the crazy innovations I witnessed last night.

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
These Pearl drums look like you took them out of the original boxes, decided they needed to be cleaned, then spent a week polishing them. Unreal.
Well... that's kind of what I did.

Okay, not really. I did actually play them from time to time. :)