SOLD - Pearl SensiTone Steel 5.5x14

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is a great deal. I remember when Pearl came out with these in the 90's. Fine drums, and really, a poor man's Supra.
That was their appeal to me at that time.
They claimed to sound like a Supra.
Pretty stinkin close
GLWYS

jmato

Reaction score
The throw-off on this one is really nice. Much nicer than on my Supra. If I didn't already have a Supra, an Acro, and my beloved Oriollo manganese snare, I would keep this one for certain. (Got it in a deal along with a cymbal.)

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Had one. Loved it. Sold it. Regretted it.

jmato

Reaction score
Hmmm. Maybe I should keep it and sell the Acro.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's a solid well built drum.

I actually stripped mine of all parts and put them on a COB Dynasonic shell. I had to widen the lug holes a tad and I screwed up and mis-drilled the throw off by one panel (DOH!!), but made a sweet drum out of it. Definitely good parts back then.
I even have a 70's Slingy Krupa COB shell modded by John Craviotto back in the day - he did something with the bearing edges (I am told) and tossed the tombstone throw for a Pearl!

shuffle

DFO Master
Reaction score
It's a solid well built drum.

I actually stripped mine of all parts and put them on a COB Dynasonic shell. I had to widen the lug holes a tad and I screwed up and mis-drilled the throw off by one panel (DOH!!), but made a sweet drum out of it. Definitely good parts back then.
I even have a 70's Slingy Krupa COB shell modded by John Craviotto back in the day - he did something with the bearing edges (I am told) and tossed the tombstone throw for a Pearl!
I took the parts off a brass Sensi for my Vaughncraft snare,great hardware as well!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The Sensitones are THE work horse snare drum line for my money. I have always thought they punched way above thier price class. Can't believe this has not been snapped up! Come on people... show it some love!!!!

jmato

Reaction score
Price lowered to $130, and bump. Thanks.

jmato

Reaction score
Price lowered to $120 shipped and bump!

D. B. Cooper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I play this in 6.5 and it's a great snare. Tunes high and low and I use both regularly.
This would be a perfect rehearsal drum or gigging drum that you could leave in a car and not feel worried.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ill take it. I have 30 private students. A lot beginners with just a pad.